*COMPLETED* Boogie to the Bahamas Disney Wonder Very MerryTime 12/11-12/18/15

I'm here, following!!! Looks like an awesome start to your cruise! Evie is so cute and her outfits, oh my goodness!!

I love that you met Mulan, we never saw her on our cruise nor at Disneyland!

DAY 2 Saturday, December 12th continued

After the Princess Gathering, we went to Deck 9 and ate lunch on deck while Evie got in some swim time. She loved the pools and is a little water bug so she was so happy to play in the pools. At around 3 PM we headed back to the room to get in a nap. Evie woke up just after 5 PM a little grumpy but she did agree to get dressed in her Golden Mickey clothes. It was then time for supper so we headed down to Animator's Palate. If you are interested, you can look at the menu here.

I was very excited to try the truffle purseittes and they definitely lived up to my expectations!
AP 1.jpg

Next was the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup (an Onika recommendation and very good!)
AP 2.jpg

And finally a Grilled Tuna Steak (another Onika recommendation and another winner!)
AP 3.jpg

Evie alternated between macaroni and cheese or cheese pizza for her entree and always had broccoli and fries with...Mickey ketchup!
AP 4.jpg

For dessert, again I don't remember what I got but I know I went with Onika's recommendation! Evie went with another Mickey bar, with a happy face both before and after she demolished it!
Mickey Bar before and after.jpg

Soon it was time for the show at Animator's Palate, with an appearance by Sorcerer Mickey! He didn't come by our table and I wasn't able to get any good pictures from afar. However, Evie's reactions to the show are below.

AP show.jpg

DAY 2 Saturday, December 12th continued

I think supper ran a little long with the show at Animator's Palate tonight. After supper we went to Mickey's Mates for a little bit of souvenir shopping. Then we decided to make our way to the Walt Disney Theatre to get some gummies and water for Evie and then get in line for our seats for the Golden Mickeys.

But first, a few pre-show pictures!

Golden Mickey 4.jpg

I told her to strike a pose!

Golden Mickey 1.jpg

And one trying to copy the Golden Mickey pose!

Golden Mickey 2.jpg

After we found our seats, I took Evie back out to be interviewed in the pre-show. Rob stayed inside and watched her on the big screen. She was very pumped after her interview when we walked back in to the theatre and she was told how good she did by various audience members.

Golden Mickey 5.jpg

Golden Mickey 6.jpg

And here is a video of the interview.

During the show I had to take Evie to the restroom and on the way out we passed by the attendants. Evie was singing "SupercalifragiHOLY!" and they responded together "Expealidocious!" It was too cute and funny.:rotfl:After the show we headed back to the room and found our towel animal with a reminder to set our clocks one hour forward.

End of Day 2.jpg

After watching a few cartoons and getting ready for bed, we went to sleep to get rested up for the next day.

Last edited:

Day 2 Saturday, December 12th Navigators

Dec 12 pg 1.jpg

Dec 12 pg 2.jpg

Dec 12 pg 3.jpg

Dec 12 pg 4.jpg

Dec 12 pg 5.jpg

DAY 3 Sunday, December 13th

Evie and I got up early and found another fish extender gift waiting for us. We grabbed it and decided to take a very windy walk around Deck 4 and then around the ship.

Evie took a picture by the big gingerbread house in the Lobby Atrium.

gingerbread house.jpg

Then we met Rob at Beach Blanket Buffet for breakfast. While we were eating we saw a beautiful double rainbow!

double rainbow 1.jpg

double rainbow 2.jpg

After we finished eating, Evie opened up the fish extender gift and was pumped to find lipgloss. This girl loves make-up!

fish extender lipgloss.jpg

After breakfast, Rob went back to the room while Evie and I went to Studio Sea for gingerbread house building. Once seated, the Chef explained a bit about making the gingerbread before we got started. He said you take the cookie out at 12 minutes even though it feels soft as it will harden up as it cools. If you wait until it is hard to take it out, it will turn into the texture of stone once it cools. The Chef sure knew what he was talking about because we enjoyed the gingerbread house all week!

Evie and I had a good time building the gingerbread house and I'm amazed that it didn't fall down!

gingerbread collage.jpg

After the gingerbread house was built (in 30 minutes or less!), we left to bring it to our room. While in the hall, we ran into our table mates and Layne asked, "Where's Rob?!" LOL

During this hallway run in we thought to exchange DCL app chat numbers, which enabled us to communicate through the app. I told Ashlei about our Palo reservation and our planned timing to drop Evie off at the club and she said she'd drop Rylei there as well to help Evie enjoy her time. So sweet!

Last edited:
DAY 3 Sunday, December 13th continued

When we got back to our room, Rob and I got ready for Palo. Then we anxiously headed to the Oceaneer Club to drop Evie off. She was very open to going. However, 15 minutes later we got a page that she wanted to be picked up from the club. When I got there I found out she was upset because she had slipped and fallen. I hugged her for a bit and then found Rylei. We explained to the CMs working the club that we had brunch scheduled and they said they would help her to have fun and watch out for her while we were eating. Then we hurried to Palo and were seated by window with a beautiful view and a complimentary mimosa arrived soon after.

Palo 2.jpg

Our waiter was Cipri, who I found out has two boys that are 4 and 7. We talked about a families and then he took us around to the various tables and explained how it all worked. Then Rob and I were let loose.

Palo 1.jpg

After getting food from the various tables, it was time to order our entrees. I got the chicken parmesan and Rob got the eggs benedict. The chicken parmesan is a known crowd pleaser at Palo and it didn't disappoint!

PC entree collage.jpg

After we were done with our entrees, I ordered cold strawberry soup as in previous trip reports it had also gotten raves. It was very good! We also hit up the dessert table!

PC dessert collage.jpg

After we were done, we picked up Evie from the club and got her changed for swimming. There was an "accidental release" at the Mickey pool so we went to the Goofy pool. This family pool en
ables you to watch movies on Funnel Vision while you lounge and swim. On this day Tangled was playing.

funnel vision.jpg

While Evie swam I got her a few slices of cheese pizza. I also got myself a cream cheese pretzel to save for later. Later meant that I wanted to have something to soak up the alcohol after Mixology. Rob and I originally planned to go to Mixology together but since Evie didn't love the clubs, I went by myself. The Mixology today was set up in the Cadillac Lounge by our Facebook cruise group and I got to meet a lot of nice people and laugh at our host Pablo's jokes. I was glad I didn't have to go up to the front and make one of the drinks as that usually meant you chugged them competition-style after you made them with encouragement from the rest of the group.

The drinks from left to right are a spicy martini, gin cosmo, yellow chicken, apple madras and then jellyfish shot.

mixology collage.jpg

After Mixology, I met Rob and Evie back at the Goofy pool and ate the pretzel to soak up some of the alcohol.

Last edited:
DAY 3 Sunday, December 13th continued

After Evie swam for a bit longer, we headed down to Deck 5 to watch Santa's Winter Wonderland Ball. Since it was in the Lobby Atrium, we were a couple floors up and had a great view of the festivities.

There was some great dancing at the beginning of the show.

santa 1.jpg

Right before Santa entered the Lobby Atrium.

santa 2.jpg

Santa greeting the crowd and before Mrs. Claus made her entrance.

santa 3.jpg

All of the characters lined up in front at the end of the show.

santa 4.jpg

Then we headed back to the room to put some Swimmer's Ear in Evie's ear as all of the swimming was starting to catch up with her.

After that we rested for a little while and then got ready for dinner at Parrot Cay. If you are interested, you can look at the menu
here.

Parrot Cay is the home of the very popular banana bread and our table definitely partook in sampling it. The girls were also very happy to be sitting next to each other and we made sure they sat next to each other every other night as well.

PC 4.jpg

Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower

PC 1.jpg

Cream of Green Asparagus Soup

PC 2.jpg

Creole Crusted Grouper (sorry again for the in progress picture!)

PC 3.jpg

I'm going to have to ask those that might know if they know what dessert this is!
Evie, of course, had a Mickey bar for dessert.

PC 5.jpg

After supper, we hit up the Pin Trading Station at Mickey's Mates and made our first pin trade ever. Evie wanted to trade my Cheshire cat pin for a Princess Tiana pin so that's what we did. Then we went to Mike Super's Magic and Illusion show. We found some Lake Charles friends in the theatre and sat by them. When Mike came through the audience he picked their neighbor's son, which was very exciting! Fisher is apparently quite precocious and very cute. The show began with Mike doing a card trick and at one point the lights were flashing and weird music was playing, which scared Evie.

I took her back to the room while Rob watched the show. Evie went up to the phone in the room, picked up the handset asked which button to press so that she could order cookies. I pointed out the button and she pressed it and then proceeded to order milk and cookies all by herself. I then gave her tip money so that she could give room service a tip when the milk and cookies arrived. I was bemused by the whole thing and she was very proud of herself.

After that we moved our towel animal, watched some cartoons and then went to bed.

end of day 3.jpg

I'm going to load the scanned Navigators so that people can have them if needed. Trip report continues after all of the Navigators.

Day 3 Sunday, December 13th Navigators

Dec 13 pg 1.jpg

Dec 13 pg 2.jpg

Dec 13 pg 3.jpg

Dec 13 pg 4.jpg

Dec 13 pg 5.jpg

DAY 4 NAVIGATORS

Dec 14 pg 1.jpg

Dec 14 pg 2.jpg

Dec 14 pg 3.jpg

Dec 14 pg 4.jpg

Dec 14 pg 5.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful updates! Evie is absolutely adorable! Love her Golden Mickey poses. The double rainbow was neat. We cruised last December and missed signing up in time for the gingerbread houses, looks like it was a fun activity! I am definitely trying that chicken parm when we go to brunch it looks soooo good! I noticed the good dinosaur on the navigator, I am looking forward to seeing that in February when we sail.

Wonderful updates! Evie is absolutely adorable! Love her Golden Mickey poses. The double rainbow was neat. We cruised last December and missed signing up in time for the gingerbread houses, looks like it was a fun activity! I am definitely trying that chicken parm when we go to brunch it looks soooo good! I noticed the good dinosaur on the navigator, I am looking forward to seeing that in February when we sail.

Thank you for your kind words. Glad you are enjoying the report!

Thanks to everyone following along!

I see that Michael Harrison did a show on Thursday at 2pm. I have never been on a cruise where he only performed one time. I have seen entertainers switch cruise ships at the ports and assume he is working 2 or more cruise ships and got on probably at Key West. But still I find it unusual that he only performed once. We are on the December 28th cruise and I hope we get to see him as my kids (now 20 & 22) have so many fond memories of his performances from many years ago. He has always been one of our favorite acts.

DAY 4 Monday, December 14th

We woke up to the ship docked at Castaway Cay. How exciting!

Castaway Cay 1.jpg

We got dressed and headed to Beach Blanket Buffet for breakfast. Then we headed back to our room, gathered up our beach stuff and got off the ship shortly after all ashore was called. As we were walking away from the ship, we pointed out Donald Duck and his nephew Huey on the outside of the ship painting finishing touches on the stern.

Disney Wonder Ship.jpg

We made it to the Pelican Point Tram Stop in just a few minutes and then got on the tram after a short wait. We decided to get off at the 2nd stop, where Rob and Evie stopped at the little shop to get her some sunglasses while I scoped out a spot for us. I found one outside of the Sand Bar underneath umbrellas and a palm tree. It was a great spot! (If you have a Castaway Cay map handy, we were basically at K10...feel like I'm back at bingo!)

Below are a couple of pictures from our spot, where you can see Pelican Plunge and then the ship off in the distance.

Castaway Cay 4.jpg

Castaway Cay 6.jpg

Besides going to Cookies Too for lunch (short walk from our spot!), we stayed on the beach and played in the sand and water. The Navigator said the weather called for a high of 84 F, and besides being windy and the water being a bit cloudy, it was perfect day. The water was definitely chilly at first but once you got used it it, it wasn't uncomfortable.

Evie and I did the Pelican Plunge water slide twice. She thought the slide was fun but the launch at the bottom was a bit much for her and wasn't pleased that I wasn't allowed to stay at the bottom to catch her.

Castaway Cay 2.jpg

Castaway Cay 5.jpg

Castaway Cay 3.jpg

At one point, Rob and I were sitting in chairs at the waters edge and Evie was playing a made up game with us. "Elf Evie" would put sand on our knees and then "Doc McStuffins Evie" would use a watering pot to "fix us up" by cleaning it off. Silly girl! We had good family time at the beach and I love remembering our time at Castaway Cay.

All aboard was 4:45 PM but we had spent a full day at Castaway Cay and at 3 Pm we were ready to begin making our way slowly back to the ship. Evie didn't argue when I told her it was time to go so I knew she was tired!

DAY 4 Monday, December 14th continued

On our way back to the ship, we passed by a lady strumming her guitar and singing songs. Evie stopped in her tracks and started using her sand toys as a pretend guitar and singing her own version of the songs.

Castaway Cay 9.jpg

And to get the full picture, here is a video of some of her performance. It was hilariously cute!

She also indulged my picture taking needs on our way back to the ship.

Castaway Cay 7.jpg

Castaway Cay 8.jpg

Castaway Cay 14.jpg

Castaway Cay 16.jpg

Castaway Cay 15.jpg

Castaway Cay 17.jpg

Castaway Cay 18.jpg

Rob scoped out the Navigator and knew that if we walked back slowly we'd time it just right to be able to meet Donald Duck. He was right and soon it was Evie's turn.

Donald Duck 1.jpg

Donald Duck 2.jpg

Donald Duck 3.jpg

Once we got back to our room, there was a surprise from Guest Services for Evie.

Guest Services Gift 1.jpg

Guest Services Gift 2.jpg

The gift was the Elsa doll, shown below chilling with Marie on the couch and Evie was super excited about her surprise!

Guest Services Gift 3.jpg

It might have been due to the air conditioner issues and the issue our floor had with toilet flushing but I choose to believe it was due to a little bit of pixie dust as well! :tinker:

Usually Evie is anti-any costume but she was really excited for pirate night! Not that you can tell she was excited by this picture. Poor little tired pirate!

Tired Pirate.jpg

She perked right up when we left the room and told Sooshila ARGGHHH as we passed her in the hallway. She also told everyone that we passed that she was a real pirate. She seemed to really pity those that weren't real pirates and was gentle with them until she wasn't. Then she would shout ARRGHHH and raise her sword fiercely. Thankfully, we managed to avoid any injuries on our way to Triton's.

Attachments

• Pirate dinner 3.jpg
    Pirate dinner 3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Pirate dinner 2.jpg
    Pirate dinner 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Pirate dinner 1.jpg
    Pirate dinner 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

After we got to Triton's I asked Onika and Sandro if they would take a picture with Evie and they did so in all of their piratey finery.

Sandro and Onika.jpg

We had a table full of excited pirates...

Pirate 1.jpg

Pirate 2.jpg

...who had to get smoothies in light up cups.

Pirate 3.jpg

Pirates dinner.jpg

For our meal, Evie had cheese pizza, broccoli and fries.

Pirate dinner 3.jpg

For the most part, I went with Onika's recommendations of the pot stickers, jerk chicken salad and macadamia nut mahi mahi. I then succumbed to the siren call of the Mickey bar.

Pirate dinner 1.jpg

Pirate dinner 2.jpg

After supper, we headed to the Pirates in the Caribbean Party. Evie loved seeing the characters and, of course, dancing. I don't believe the show went as planned but that doesn't matter as we still had a great time. We were worried about Evie during the fireworks as they usually scare her and the noise makes her flinch and were discussing our options during supper. Sandro heard us and graciously got ear plugs for her to wear if needed. So nice!

Well, Evie completely surprised us as she decided not to wear the ear plugs and after a few moments actually enjoyed the fireworks. pirate:

Pirate night 1 .jpg

Pirate night 2.jpg

We stayed up on deck for a while after the party was done and most were gone. Evie and one other lone dancer held out, partying their little hearts out.

Pirate night 3.jpg

Pirate night 4.jpg

Here is video evidence of her commitment to the party and worrisome love of club music.

I think after the music stopped and the lights were dimmed, we went back to our room to wait for a few character meets. I went down early to get in line for Tinkerbell. After a while, Rob brought Evie down to get in line with the other pirates.

Tinkerbell 1.jpg

Tinkerbell was super sweet and asked her if her light up shoes had pixie dust on them.

Tinkerbell 2.jpg

Tinkerbell 3.jpg

Tinkerbell 4.jpg

While we were with Tinkerbell, Rob got in line to see Pirate Minnie and Evie was the first one to take pictures with her.

Minnie.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!