Completely Bummed...:0(

NemoMomof3

Earning My Ears
I planned my up coming trip with close friends. I have excitedly been planning and making reservations. Trying to think of ways to make this trip memorable. Found out today that it looks like my friends will not be able to go. Worst part is, my kids will be sad too. I can't say anything to my friends because I don't want to make them feel worse then they already do. I just needed to get it off my chest and felt like this was the best place to do it.

Now I need to decide if I need to find someone to go with me to help with my son. He has ASD and is not as adventurous as his sister. I don't want her to miss out on things because her brother doesn't want to ride. The last time I went to disney with the kids I took a friend and ended up not really needing her to stay with him. He managed pretty well. Maybe I can do this on my own. I just don't know. Just need time to think.

That would be disappointing. Hopefully with four months, you have plenty of time to figure it out?

I planned my up coming trip with close friends. I have excitedly been planning and making reservations. Trying to think of ways to make this trip memorable. Found out today that it looks like my friends will not be able to go. Worst part is, my kids will be sad too. I can't say anything to my friends because I don't want to make them feel worse then they already do. I just needed to get it off my chest and felt like this was the best place to do it.

Now I need to decide if I need to find someone to go with me to help with my son. He has ASD and is not as adventurous as his sister. I don't want her to miss out on things because her brother doesn't want to ride. The last time I went to disney with the kids I took a friend and ended up not really needing her to stay with him. He managed pretty well. Maybe I can do this on my own. I just don't know. Just need time to think.
I wonder if he can come with you through the ride line and then, be directed to the exit to wait for you there? Is he independent & old enough to wait alone for a few minutes while you ride with your daughter? Maybe someone else has a similar experience that they can share.

By the way, you might want to post this on the disABILITIES forum to get more specific feedback on this question.

I wonder if he can come with you through the ride line and then, be directed to the exit to wait for you there? Is he independent & old enough to wait alone for a few minutes while you ride with your daughter? Maybe someone else has a similar experience that they can share.

By the way, you might want to post this on the disABILITIES forum to get more specific feedback on this question.

Yes he is independent mostly. He is 13 and if they allow him to wait at the exit that would be helpful. I would worry leaving him sit outside the ride for however long it takes us to get thru the line. Thanks for the board suggestion, I will try there as well.

Yes he is independent mostly. He is 13 and if they allow him to wait at the exit that would be helpful. I would worry leaving him sit outside the ride for however long it takes us to get thru the line.
That's why I suggested that maybe he could walk through the line with you, then upon reaching the attraction, go directly to the exit. That way you'd only be separated for the length of the ride. I've never done this myself, but think it's worth contacting Guest Services to ask them about that possibility.

I will do that. While he is capable of sitting outside the ride to wait for us. His anxiety would rise to an unbearable level because he has no way of knowing how long we should be. I guess it plays back to his need for schedule. Makes him very uncomfortable to not know what is happening when. Add in a little bit of separation anxiety and its a boiling point I'd like to avoid on the trip. Using the exit idea the wait for him would be relatively short.

thanks again.

I will do that. While he is capable of sitting outside the ride to wait for us. His anxiety would rise to an unbearable level because he has no way of knowing how long we should be. I guess it plays back to his need for schedule. Makes him very uncomfortable to not know what is happening when. Add in a little bit of separation anxiety and its a boiling point I'd like to avoid on the trip. Using the exit idea the wait for him would be relatively short.

thanks again.
Maybe you can look online for the length of each ride and then give him a stopwatch and tell him to time you? He might feel better knowing about how long it should take. Just a thought. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter