concierge level...worth the extra $$$?

jemilah

<font color=navy>Dreaming of Disneyland every nigh
Is the concierge level really worth the exta money? Any experienced advice would be apperciated!

It depends on what you are looking for, and how much you typically spend on drinks and food. We enjoy it because breakfast is taken care of, and we can go straight to the park with full tummys and be there for EE. DH loves the beer at nighttime. There are also snacks throughout the day, and dessert at night. Does the amount of food we get offset the cost - not quite sure. The 1st time we were at PP, and did not really go back to the hotel enough to fully utilize it (we were not planning on doing concierge, but it was the only room available). This year we are doing at GCH, and I think we will get there a lot more to get the drinks and snacks. Honestly, though, booking this trip was kind of an error, I knew the dates that I wanted, and was holding off for a special. (4th night free). When the special came out, it said all rooms were unavailable - and I found it through Costco. I learned about a month later that many rooms were available, and I was probably just too early the 1st time - oops - but oh well - I know the 5 of us will enjoy it.

Depends. I know there is a reception area in each hotel on different floors that is for conceirge guests only. All day it serves like pastries, drinks, sodas, juices, cakes. That sort of thing and you can come and go as you please. The rooms are usually the same as reg. priced rooms. Also they do a turn down service....they come in turn down yur sheets and leave a chocolate on your pillow. If you like this sort of thing for an extra $100 plus a night, I'd say go for it. I personally think it's crazy I can get a great pastry and drink at La Brea in Downtown Disney or a great Pastry and Drink on Mainstreet in DL. And I don't want anyone messing with my sheets, and I can buy a chocolate in DL. So I won't pay the extra. But that's all you get with concierge, oh and maybe a room on a higher floor. But then again we stayed on the 12th floor overlooking the neverland pool for an AP rate of $159 a night no conceirge included. And we've stayed at Paradise Pier 10th floor overlooking California Adventure park for $59 a night AP RATE and no conceirge. I just can't really justlfy the conceirge. My husband says he'll turn down the sheets and leave me chocolate for free. HAHAHAHA I like that better.

ok , so I guess it just seems silly .......more money for the parks, which is where we want ot be most of the time.....Thanks!

I'm sure many will say "yes" but I have to say "no." We stayed concierge level at the GC this past summer and though the view was AWESOME, the service and amenities weren't anything special. So if you want to pay the extra $ to get a great view, then go for it, otherwise, save your cash and buy more souvenirs! ;)

We stayed concerge at Animal Kingdom in WDW and it was very worth it, but we are a family of 5. For 2 maybe not, but we all had breakfast daily, appetizers and desserts, drinks during the day. It was very nice.

I agree that concierge is in the eye of the beholder. But if you were talking about WDW I'd say you have to try Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge for a few days that is what a concierge stay is all about. You have the best animal viewing ~ we had two giraffees outside our balcony all the time its was awesome. Also they help you get the really hard PS like Cinderellas Castle for Breakfast. Concierge guest are able to enjoy a private early morning safari at the Animal Kingdom park followed by an awesome breakfast buffet with an animal guide. Only open to guest staying concierge at AKL. The offerings in the loung were incredible also I can't wait to stay there again.

When I go to GCH in March we will be staying concierge. We consider the resort part of our experience and spend afternoons and a couple of evenings there. So we really enjoy the perks of the lounge. I'll let you know what I think after our stay!! :goodvibes

We just returned from a stay at DLH Concierge and thought it was totally worth it for our family of four. We have two DD's ages 4 1/2 and 15 months who both drink a ton of milk and we never had to purchase milk in the parks thanks to concierge. We just filled bottles and sippy cups each morning and afternoon and we were good to go. We ate breakfast at concierge almost every morning plus afternoon snacks and dessert most nights. We never bought a bottle of water at the parks, just stocked up in concierge. We were able to take chips and containers of cereal with us to give the girls snacks while at the parks. They also helped DH with directions for a business meeting he had to attend north of LA, made last minute PS's for us and checked us in for our flight home online.

I don't know if we saved any money by staying concierge, but we enjoyed the services and would do it again if it was in the budget.

What is the breakfast? typical continetal? Snacks? Are they at set times?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter