Concierge Level

staley7580

<font color=blue>Hangs Out With Hyenas<br><font co
Is it worth it? (at GCH?)Its a lot more money, but with all the food, and extra amenities it seems like it might be worth it. Anyone with any info, or opinion on it would be truely helpful, Thanks. Also, is the pool there heated? We want to go in October, and you know my kids are going to want to play in the pool! Does the spa do massages in room?
I am getting way to excited about a trip thats just less then a year away!! :thumbsup2

Depends on what "worth" means to you. Do you want to know if you will break even for the cost of it vs the cost of breakfast and drinks? If so, then no, its probably not worth it unless you have a large group. Trying to carry drinks with you from the hotel to the park sucks. They get heavy and are warm by time you drink them. If you stay at the park long hours you will more then likely miss the afternoon/ evening snacks.

But, they do take great care of you, and there are a few other little perks (express check in, turn down service,etc) that make you feel very special.

Worth is different for everyone.

Don't know about concierge.

Pools are heated. We swam there during the last week of September and it was great. I loved going for a morning swim before the parks. Hopefully the pools will be warm enough in December.

I may be wrong but I though everyone gets turndown service concierge or not, am I right or wrong? :santa:

We have had concierge a few times and then other times not. I think that for the majority it is a ripoff. You do get snacks and yes GC con. is better then the DLH, but it is definitely not worth the money. Plus, I think that it is ridiculus that it is no longer included in the price of a suite. P.S. if you do get it and have more then one room, only get it on one and you can all use it. I think they frown on it, but a cm told us that one time. Have fun.

GailT said:
I may be wrong but I though everyone gets turndown service concierge or not, am I right or wrong? :santa:

You are right. We were in a standard room in Sept and had nightly turndown service.

I am going before you know it and weighing the pros and cons I decided a standard room. Thisd is my first time to GC and I am going to be there for Christmas :santa: which I am prepared for it to be a zoo so I figure I won't be in my room much at all, whether DL closes dure to capacity on Christmas or not I will not be sitting in my room, there are other things to do. For the extra $$$$$ ( it was almost $700.00 for 5 days for me and my son) we couldn't drink enough water and eat enough of the snacks to justify that kind of money. Whatever you choose have a FANTASTIC time. :thumbsup2

We will be at GC for Christmas week and will be doing concierge again. It's worth it for us to be able to stop in and eat during the day and DH loves the happy hour offerings. Nothing like a glass of wine (or two or three :teeth: ) to take the edge off a crazy day at the parks. :rotfl2: They also offer children's activities that my kids remember fondly year to year so it makes it even more like coming home for the holidays. :santa:

Thanks for sharing Gail. Can you go more into detail, please? What food was offered? What kind of activities did they have for children?? What kind of room did you have?? View?? Where are the rooms and lounge located?? Are there any hints where to ask to have your room?? Is it a long walk from lobby or park? I have 3 small kids any advise?? Thanks so much for the info :sunny:

Ask to be close to an elevator. There are two, but they are both centrally located. All views have the potential of having a really long walk. I mean really long, and anyone else that has stayed there can probably tell you the same. Once, when we had a suite, we had about five hallways to walk down. It was a nightmare with a two year old.

We are just back and did do the concierge. For us it was worth the cost. The food is what I'm basing that on though. I didn't really notice any extra ammenities, which I really did with concierge at WDW.

We love the conceirge floor at GCH. We make it worth the extra money. It is so nice to be able to have breakfast (and coffee for my DH) before we go in the parks. The beverages are great and the water is wonderful when it is so hot outside, considering a bottle of water is $2.75 each in the park. We also love the snacks. You can practically have lunch in there, they have awesome little PB & J sandwiches and goodies as well as fruit. I always make the mistake of going in there at cheese and crackers time (also wine and beer). They have such good appetizers that I fill up on those before dinner. I highly recommend it, try it once and see if it is worth it to your family.

kandyk said:
We love the conceirge floor at GCH. We make it worth the extra money. It is so nice to be able to have breakfast (and coffee for my DH) before we go in the parks. The beverages are great and the water is wonderful when it is so hot outside, considering a bottle of water is $2.75 each in the park. We also love the snacks. You can practically have lunch in there, they have awesome little PB & J sandwiches and goodies as well as fruit. I always make the mistake of going in there at cheese and crackers time (also wine and beer). They have such good appetizers that I fill up on those before dinner. I highly recommend it, try it once and see if it is worth it to your family.

I put in a random date in May, 4 nights. It was $964 more for conc., same view. $964, is almost $200 a day. That would provide a LOT of water, breakfast, and snacks! My family doesnt spend $200 a day total if food and drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter