Concourse Steakhouse dinner 8/16/06

shondad

Lovin' that place called DISNEYWORLD!!!
We had a 730pm ADR, got there right on time was given a pager, and sat down near the outer rim bar and ordered drinks. I had an Apple Martini for first time, it was pretty good, a little strong (what was I thinking? :confused3), DH had a pina colada, no adventure there, but it was good. We were seated after about 15-20mins. The restaurant was just fine, our server was good, though I believe she should have been as forthcoming in which drinks were included on the dining plan, as she was with everything else that was/was not included.

My kids had the electric potions, DD the red, DS the blue, they loved them and got refills, they were not included. They both had the shrimp cocktail appetizer, DD had the grilled filet w/mashed potatoes, and veggies (can't remember what they were). She was satisfied with her meal, but was disappointed as they had no painter's pallets. She got a smoothie for her dessert, which she did not like. DS had a cheeseburger with fries, he ate all of the fries and just some of the burger, I sampled it, it was good, tasted flame broiled. He had the brownie sundae which was large, alot for a 3yo, he enjoyed it. DH had the ribeye (can't remember what it was served with). He thought it was ok. He had the wings for an appetizer, they were ok and a milkshake for dessert which was ok (DD preferred it over her smoothie, which DH did not care for either). I had the scallops, only three of them, med sized, I do think that $8.59 is too much to pay for that (I'm glad to not have had to). They were good though. The filet mignon was my choice, it was just ok, it did not have the grilled flavor I was looking for and I did not like the gorgonzola butter at all, I had the carrot cake and it too was just ok, the one at Tusker House was better.

I don't think I'd go back here, I think Outback and Saltgrass are better.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry to hear you were under impressed with your meal.

Thanks for sharing your review. Sorry you did not care for it. We ate there last year and really enjoyed our food. I had the filet and seem to melt in my mouth for how good it was.

thanks for your review. we ate there last year, it was enjoyable. this year we are trying Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

We ate at the Concourse on 8/13 and enjoyed it very much. Three of us had the filet and we all agreed it was very very tender and delicious. We did ask for it to be served without the gorgonzola butter though. My husband and son in law ordered the scallops and if I'm not mistaken there were only two on the plate. I had the french onion soup which I'd say was average, not the best and not the worst I've ever had. Desserts were Creme Brulee which husband and son in law both said was delish, chocolate cake which my daughter enjoyed and I had the Key Lime Pie to go but forgot it at the table..LOL...all in all a very good meal.

debbie655 said:
We ate at the Concourse on 8/13 and enjoyed it very much. Three of us had the filet and we all agreed it was very very tender and delicious. We did ask for it to be served without the gorgonzola butter though. My husband and son in law ordered the scallops and if I'm not mistaken there were only two on the plate. I had the french onion soup which I'd say was average, not the best and not the worst I've ever had. Desserts were Creme Brulee which husband and son in law both said was delish, chocolate cake which my daughter enjoyed and I had the Key Lime Pie to go but forgot it at the table..LOL...all in all a very good meal.
I'm glad you had a good experience, I can say that I've tried it and move on to the next one.

Thanks for your review. We went in Sept. of 05 and loved it. We liked the Asian wings appetizer and our steaks were good. It's fun watching the monorail go by every few minutes.

What exactly is gorgonzola butter? Must not be too good, if people order their filets without it.

It is blue cheese "stuff", lol, not sure if it's just melted blue cheese or mixed with butter or what. I had it on my steak last summer (at The Concourse) and while not bad, I don't really care for blue cheese. This year, we just asked them to leave it out. I'm sure many enjoy it though.

Gorgonzola butter at Bonefish Grill (of the Outback chain but higher up) is delicious and not at all "blue cheesey." It is more of a garlicy cheesy thing. Anyway, I ditto the dislike of the gorgonzola butter at CS. The steak without it was good, but nothing special. The "add on" grilled shrimp were awful. Both children that had the shrimp cocktail and kids filet both got sick after eating. they did enjoy the artist palette, though!

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. We ate there last Sept. and it was one of our favorite meals. We had the filets and French Onion soup and Loved them both. Cannot remember the dessert but I know we left full and happy. We plan to eat there again in a few weeks. Hope the food quality has not went down.

No painter's pallette!!!??!!? That is the cherished time that my DH and I actually get to relax--the kids get totally absorbed in the act of painting their cookies!!! Oh, I hope they didn't take that off the menu!

lustergirl said:
thanks for your review. we ate there last year, it was enjoyable. this year we are trying Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

No problem,
I hope you like CM, it was a lot of fun, lively, I really liked the napkin twirling.

jjohnson said:
Did they take the Painters Palette off the menu? My DD loves it.
I'm not sure if they took it off of the menu, I believe they just ran out, because, if I'm not mistaken, it was still listed on their menues.

fivefordisney said:
No painter's pallette!!!??!!? That is the cherished time that my DH and I actually get to relax--the kids get totally absorbed in the act of painting their cookies!!! Oh, I hope they didn't take that off the menu!

I looked forward to it too, but I think they just ran out, though early in the evening, at least I hope they did.:confused3

We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse on 8/20/06. We've eaten there every trip for the last 10 years and this is the first time we have been disappointed in our meal. I had the Mozzarella and Tomato Salad and the Shrimp Penne Pasta. Both my appetizer and entree were just OK. DH had the Lobster Bisque and the Chipolte Glazed Rib Eye. He didn't care for his meal at all. DD had the Onion Soup (way too much garlic in it) and the Penne Pasta and DS had the Onion Rings (best thing we ordered) and the Penne Pasta and neither of them cared for their meals - with the exception of the onion rings.

We will not return to the Concourse Steakhouse when we return to WDW in January and Aug. 07.

MarieA said:
We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse on 8/20/06. We've eaten there every trip for the last 10 years and this is the first time we have been disappointed in our meal. I had the Mozzarella and Tomato Salad and the Shrimp Penne Pasta. Both my appetizer and entree were just OK. DH had the Lobster Bisque and the Chipolte Glazed Rib Eye. He didn't care for his meal at all. DD had the Onion Soup (way too much garlic in it) and the Penne Pasta and DS had the Onion Rings (best thing we ordered) and the Penne Pasta and neither of them cared for their meals - with the exception of the onion rings.

We will not return to the Concourse Steakhouse when we return to WDW in January and Aug. 07.

I'm with you, sorry you did not enjoy it. It is really sad that after all this time you had a bad meal, but, at least it was just 1 out of 10. I would say that maybe, in your case, they had an off night (I can't judge it that way, as that was our first visit), but according to what I've seen lately, they've had quite a few off nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter