concussion?

My DD12 has had four concussions.

As her sports medicine doc says, concussions are like snowflakes. They are all different.

Some of her symptoms include: sensitivity to light/sound, headaches, mood changes, personality changes, tiredness (falling asleep very early in the day), loss of appetite, balance problems, inability to concentrate, headache when reading/watching TV/any cognitive work.

Protocol is pretty standard. Avoid anything that brings on symptoms. Gradually reintroduce activity (TV, school work, etc) as tolerated without symptoms. She has also done physical therapy to restore her balance.

She has been cleared as early as two weeks after diagnosis and as late as three months. When the patient is completely symptom free s/he is cleared.

My son got one in 2018. He fell off of a table. I called the advice nurse and she said keep an eye on him. He ended up throwing up by dinner, so to the hospital he went to be check out. He was diagnosed with a concussion and had to stay off video games for awhile. Thankfully he has stayed off of tables for the most part.

I know of at least one - I took a lacrosse ball off the helmet in 94 or 95 and for 2 days it felt like I was walking in a complete daze. I didn't realize it was a concussion at the time but when I look back on it, it clearly was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter