Confused about Downloading Podcast..there's a shock!

clombardi

DIS Veteran
I really am clueless when it comes to this ipod! I have only ever downloaded two Unplugged podcasts to my Ipod. I was able to download this week's to itunes, but I can't download the email segment. When I click to download it, it just starts playing in a quicktime window. Is something wrong with me? Wait, don't answer that, just help me.

While I am asking stupid questions, what is an RSS feed? I would love to be able to figure this out, so I don't have to ask my 13 year old for help with this iPod all the time!
Thanks for your help guys!

Hello,

Let me see if I can confuse...sorry I mean help you out;)

The way I have my iTunes set up (v7.5) is to first go into the podcast section of your iTunes, it's in the upper left side of the iTunes screen. I then searched for the Dis Unplugged pod cast and once it was found, I subcribed to it. Then every Tuesday, I go into the podcast section of the iTunes screen highlight the Dis Unplugged podcast and then hit the update button at the bottom right side of the iTunes screen. Now my iTunes has the lastest podcast.

The I dock my iPhone and when the sync screen comes up I go under the Podcast tab in the upper portion of the screen and choose the newly downloaded Dis Unplugged podcast to sync it to my phone.

info on what an RSS is:

RSS (formally "RDF Site Summary", known colloquially as "Really Simple Syndication") is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts. An RSS document, which is called a "feed", "web feed", or "channel", contains either a summary of content from an associated web site or the full text. RSS makes it possible for people to keep up with their favorite web sites in an automated manner that's easier than checking them manually.

RSS content can be read using software called an "RSS reader", "feed reader" or an "aggregator". The user subscribes to a feed by entering the feed's link into the reader or by clicking an RSS icon in a browser that initiates the subscription process. The reader checks the user's subscribed feeds regularly for new content, downloading any updates that it finds.

I have itunes set up to automatically download all new Dis Unplugged podcasts but for some reason this past week's email show never downloaded for me either. I've had no trouble getting all the other ones for months now.:confused3

Hello,

Let me see if I can confuse...sorry I mean help you out;)

The way I have my iTunes set up (v7.5) is to first go into the podcast section of your iTunes, it's in the upper left side of the iTunes screen. I then searched for the Dis Unplugged pod cast and once it was found, I subcribed to it. Then every Tuesday, I go into the podcast section of the iTunes screen highlight the Dis Unplugged podcast and then hit the update button at the bottom right side of the iTunes screen. Now my iTunes has the lastest podcast.

This helped a lot...I think...:rotfl: I have never felt so inept in my life! My next question is: how can I download archived episodes to my ipod? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter