confused about upgrading gold pass to new platinum offer

wishiwereindisney

Mouseketeer
we purchased gold annual passes last september and would like to upgrade to the platinum for our august trip so that we can use the water parks...how does it work and is there any additional cost? thanks!!

He cost will depend on the prIce you paid for the gold pass. There was a $10 price increase a few months back. So, it might cost you $10.65. If you've activated the pass already, then you have to process the upgrade in person.

we purchased gold annual passes last september and would like to upgrade to the platinum for our august trip so that we can use the water parks...how does it work and is there any additional cost? thanks!!
My brother upgraded his Gold AP on the first day of this offer. It cost him $11 per AP and his expiration date remained the same. I believe it would have been a free upgrade if he had purchased his AP vouchers after the price increase.

Anybody know how it would work if you have Florida Resident Annual pass with the monthly payment plan, but upgrade to platinum DVC? Would you have to pay the entire amount then or keep paying the monthly gold FL resident payments?

even if you paid the $10 or so difference per pass. I'd love to not have to shell out 2k+ all at once.

Anybody know how it would work if you have Florida Resident Annual pass with the monthly payment plan, but upgrade to platinum DVC? Would you have to pay the entire amount then or keep paying the monthly gold FL resident payments?

I encountered this question with a guest the other day and the determination of my managers was that the monthly payment contract would have to be paid off in full before we could upgrade the pass to any type of DVC pass, simply because DVC passes aren't eligible for the payment plan.

Would renewals be for 13 months like the other passes this year? What is the renewal price?

We looked at this.... current GP, good until 5-2018.

Just us - we saw nothing of value. Don't WANT a Platinum, as it gains us entry during VERY crowded times. Really, we don't get anywhere NEAR WDW when all hell crowds are in effect:). Which is pretty much what a Platinum does :).
It's a Platinum Plus pass so it also gives you access to the water parks. DH and I used to go to the water parks but stopped going due to admission price increases. We only stay 3 hours or so, so it just wasn't worth the money. Being able to purchase a Platinum Plus pass for the price of the Gold pass gets us into the water parks for free, so that's makes this offer worth considering.

It's a Platinum Plus pass so it also gives you access to the water parks. DH and I used to go to the water parks but stopped going due to admission price increases. We only stay 3 hours or so, so it just wasn't worth the money. Being able to purchase a Platinum Plus pass for the price of the Gold pass gets us into the water parks for free, so that's makes this offer worth considering.

We are similar in our thinking too. We weren't sure if we would upgrade but will when we arrive tomorrow. We travel with family so if we want to go to the water park with them, we will have that option. We don't go during any holidays so the black out dates weren't an issue. Even though we are mid to late 60s we still will get on some of the water rides. But we generally only want to do the water parks for just a few hours. But, I had one thought. I remember a couple of years ago platinum passes got a higher discount on merchandise than standard passes. If that happens again in 2018, I would be kicking myself for not taking the free upgrade. Just a thought.

I upgraded our passes to the Gold Pass last OCT.2016 for around $122 each. We are now good till Nov 30, 2017. 13 months. Can I still upgrade to Plat pass this OCT when we're there and get 13 months till Dec 2018.
I'm confused on what the cost will be.

I upgraded our passes to the Gold Pass last OCT.2016 for around $122 each. We are now good till Nov 30, 2017. 13 months. Can I still upgrade to Plat pass this OCT when we're there and get 13 months till Dec 2018.
Since your passes expire in Nov 2017, you would need to renew to the higher pass level. The 13 month promo ends 9/30/2017. I believe (but not 100% positive) that the current Platinum Plus renewal rate should be the same as the Gold Renewal rate ($475 plus tax).

Upgrading does not change your expiration date.

We have annual gold passes which we renewed back in May. I upgraded them to the new platinum plus with my same expiration date and no fee. I had heard if you were using the Fl Res monthly plan we would have to pay it off for the upgrade but I did not. She just gave me new passes and My Disney Experience has all the new info.

We have the pass with no black outs and it expires in January. I will be able to renew it to the new type in December or January, correct? I would get 12 months when I renew, until January 2019, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!