Confused...question

Marc A.

DIS Veteran
Good morning.
We own at AK and BLT. August UY. I will be booking at AK for the end of this year, early next week, that goes into 2021.
We have 21 points left in our BLT contract for 2020 and 0 from AK. I will need to borrow from 2021.
How can I use those 21 BLT points and perhaps some of the BLT 2021, along with AK 2021 points, to assist with this booking??
Can I combine them since we own at both???
Confused......and thank you

You cannot use the BLT points for an 11 month booking at AKV, if that's what you're asking. The BLT points can only be used at 7 months, and then only for a unit that is available at 7 months.

You cannot use the BLT points for an 11 month booking at AKV, if that's what you're asking. The BLT points can only be used at 7 months, and then only for a unit that is available at 7 months.
That's what I was figuring....so either split stay or try to add on at 7 months then correct???

Thank you

when I am in this situation I book what I can. 7 months I try to add the days I need and WL the ones that aren't available. So far, this has worked for us.

when I am in this situation I book what I can. 7 months I try to add the days I need and WL the ones that aren't available. So far, this has worked for us.
thanks. I am just worried because it is during a very busy time of year to try to add at 7 months. Also the week I am leaving starts marathon week.
I may just split stay

If you book your split stay w/ the thought of possibly switching to one resort at 7 months then book Kidani for the AKV portion as it’s much larger than Jambo and thus more likely to have something available or something open up, I’m not sure about BLT - but I think Lake view would be more likely to become available.
At 7 months you can wait list to match the days you want to keep, then check availability on the DVC site a couple of times a day & you may be able to piece together an entire stay at one resort.
Are you running one/some of the races? We just got back from a stay that included marathon week & WDW felt very crowded, moreso than the last time we were there for that week a couple of years ago.

If you book your split stay w/ the thought of possibly switching to one resort at 7 months then book Kidani for the AKV portion as it’s much larger than Jambo and thus more likely to have something available or something open up, I’m not sure about BLT - but I think Lake view would be more likely to become available.
At 7 months you can wait list to match the days you want to keep, then check availability on the DVC site a couple of times a day & you may be able to piece together an entire stay at one resort.
Are you running one/some of the races? We just got back from a stay that included marathon week & WDW felt very crowded, moreso than the last time we were there for that week a couple of years ago.
I just ran Dopey, solo, but stayed at ASMo. My family wouldn't let me use up points for that! We will be heading home the Tuesday of race week most likely next year because the kids start school again on Thursday. I am hoping that 2022 marathon week lines up with school break so the family can participate!!!

I watched the bookings for 2020 and race day and 2 days on either side are what booked up before 7 months. If you are OK with Kidani you hvae a very good chance of getting the extra days if you book right at 7 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter