Confusing Adult/Child Credits Question

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
I have a trip coming up in November with my daughter who is 11, so she is a "Disney Adult."

We purchased the Disney Dining Plan, and I noticed this today when looking at my reservation:
  • 2024 Disney Dining Plan 1 Snack - DD Plan (TBX)
  • 2024 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal - Child (TBX)
  • 2024 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX)
  • 2024 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX)
  • 2024 Disney Dining Plan Refillable Drink Mug - DD Plan (TBX)
  • 2024 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal - Adult (TBX)
I didn't notice this before and I'm curious as to why it would have "child credits" listed when Disney doesn't consider her a child. I definitely paid the adult price for the plan too. Has anyone else seen this on their reservation? Honestly, it isn't *that* big of a deal because she generally prefers eating from the kid's menu anyway, but I don't want to be charged for an adult plan and then be given child credits lol..

She is listed as "child" on the room, but not when it comes to things like dining and tickets.

I guess I would check, but may have to do with your child being under 18, so not going to count have an alcoholic drinker chance, in that child, in their cost analysis and it’s also for restaurants know the make up of your family for charging credit purposes.

Disney made an error OR you're seeing a description of what entitlements are included with a childs and adult plan.

It would be obvious if your room wasn't 2A, with one young adult.

Am I missing something? I don't seen a child mug or snack.

It sounds like a listing of the various entitlements and not to your specific booking

Last edited:
Disney made an error OR you're seeing a description of what entitlements are included with a childs and adult plan.

I think this is just a list of the categories - without the count of entitlements each.

But yeah - I’m curious too what they mean by ‘child’. Is that just in relation to alcohol, or menu choice. I’m leaning toward alcohol because WDW menus state 9yo and under for kids meals. So by their own policy 11yo is too old.

It sounds like a listing of the various entitlements and not to your specific booking

This is specific to my booking. It showed up on the confirmation screen when I made a payment.

I called Disney and they said they just list it that way because she technically is a child, even though we have to pay the adult price for her. Her credits should actually be adult though.. So we will see I guess. I'm still not 100% confident after the conversation, so I am still curious if anyone else has ran into this.

3 nights, but this doesn't show the quantity. Just the types of credits we will have.
I think it's just showing the types of credits offered by Disney. I don't think it has anything to do with your specific reservation.

I think it would show the number of credits, if it was intended to show your specific entitlements.

Note the snack and refillable mugs doesn't differentiate between A and C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter