Connections "nightmares"

LBYC-19

Mouseketeer
Just when I'm ready to join Connections for quick and casual vouchers, and our hopper passes, my sister tells me she read on "another Disney site" about "nightmare" stories re: Connections.

Mainly people having difficulty cancelling and getting charged the $79 over and over...
Has anyone had difficult cancelling within the one month's time frame? I do not see why this would be a problem. Couldn't you simply tell your credit card company you canceled and have them take it off the bill? And even if they didn't, hey, you have saved way more than $79 on the park passes alone!

We almost need to condense all of these Connections questions into one FAQ, lol.
---------
Joanne

I have heard soem poepel have trouble getting through to cancel but thats about it. I am not sure yet if I plan to cancel or not. I need to decide soont hoguh I guess...... I am hoping it wont be a hassle if and when we do cancel!

We had a super easy time canceling our membership;)

I hear lots of problems as well. In fact, I have never even felt motivated enough to pay such a high fee to save a little here and there. I'd rather get similar or better discounts buying the good old Entertainment book for $25.00 instead.

Wanda

I would not wait until the last day to try and cancel, as you can be on hold for 20 minutes, and when you get through they are closed. I have also called and their phone system was down. We have an order for a park hopper right now, and I am a little worried since we are having it shipped to an address other than ours - the stories about getting double charged or not receiving the items ordered are troublesome. I have ordered a few vouchers and they were here quickly, and when I talked to a customer service person on Saturday he was very helpful, but one can not discount others service issues. If you decide to do it, use a credit card that makes it easy to dispute charges - AMEX has been great about that for us in the past.

Good luck,
Amy

We had no problem cancelling though others have had nightmares.

You still ask that question after reading these posts?!

We had no problem cancelling. We were never charged the membership fee, just $1. And I think maybe we were even refunded the $1!!

Our order came quickly & everything was correct. My mom joined as well & has been very happy. She even decided to stay with them. She buys gift cards for books, toy r us, etc & movie tickets. Somehow she figured out that the rebates made it worth it for her.

I think that any large group of people using the same company will see a few problems. I've even had a few with Disney ;)

We've had no problems at all. However, we kept the service so cancelling was not an issue.

As for the "high fee" to save a "little here and there" - it all depends on how much you use the service. We did a ton of Christmas shopping with ToysRUs certificates, saved a bunch on Outback Steakhouse certificates, and will save more on other certificates we will use. Add this to the $100 - $200 we saved on WDW meals with the vouchers - the service has paid for itself several times over. Of course if you don't use the service you don't save anything.

I had no problems cancelling as well, and everything I bought worked out fine and saved me money. We bought 5 day PHP's and 2 day universal passes, plus food vouchers...all went well...in fact, I have a food voucher left that expires 5/31/01....if anyone wants it, let me know and I will mail it to u for free, I am not going back til 8/25/02 and it will be expired by then....

I had no problems cancelling and was always able to get through quickly when I ordered my meal vouchers. Actually, now that I've cancelled, I'm thinking of paying the $79 fee to join before our next trip.

I have had no problems with connections.

With what I saved on my tix and the $25 gas card I got ... I paid for the membership.

I think the people who have problems are those who read about it here and then masses of people sign up for the $1 30-day membership and then cancel. At one time I think there were alot of people doing this and then the complaints started to come.

I kept my membership and plan on buying my tix / vouchers for my next trip, then not renewing for next year.

In defense of Connections ... things can get screwy when you have a bunch of people sign up and cancel all at the same time.

Good luck

wdwo

Hulabird, I sent you a pm about your voucher if it is still available. Thanks.

Spudster,
Please ignore posts directed at you which give you no useful info whatsoever. We are here to help each other out in planning/having a great vacation!
The best info I can find describing Connections is on Mary's website mousesavers.com. Click on "Disney Misc" in the left column, then on "connections". She has many details on what is offered and also a few caveats. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter