Considering a RCCL cruise, advice please

We'll be trying Liberty/RCCL for the first time next year with my (will be) 12, 9 and 3 year old. How did your 9 year old like everything else? The clubs? Food/service? Shows?

We've done the Dream and Wonder. Kids loved our DCL cruises but they're not attached like I thought they'd be to Disney.

Our daughter prefers RC over Disney. Yes, she does think the kids club on DCL are better but the Royal ships offer more for her to do that she enjoys. She's kind of outgrown princess meet and greets and even on RC we basically have to beg her to come meet king julian and/or leo but she agrees and smiles and has fun so I think she's just at that age where it "seems childish". She also loves animator's palate and thinks it's better than RC has to offer but prefers the windjammer to cabanas and really doesnt see a difference between the rest of the MDR options. She has fun on the aqua-duck but things the flowrider and water slides on the RC ships we have been are much, much better. She isn't a fan of the broadway type shows because she doesnt know what they are (Saturday Night Fever, mama mia, etc) but really does enjoy the headliner options and ice skating shows.

Overall, an Oasis Class ship is her #1 choice. She loves that there are so many kids her age, she loves the bigger pool deck and she loves the amount of activities and diversity in things for her to do. What I think she would tell you she loves the most (if she knew how is broke down) is that she can literally take two RC cruises for every one DCL cruise she takes.

Our daughter prefers RC over Disney. Yes, she does think the kids club on DCL are better but the Royal ships offer more for her to do that she enjoys. She's kind of outgrown princess meet and greets and even on RC we basically have to beg her to come meet king julian and/or leo but she agrees and smiles and has fun so I think she's just at that age where it "seems childish". She also loves animator's palate and thinks it's better than RC has to offer but prefers the windjammer to cabanas and really doesnt see a difference between the rest of the MDR options. She has fun on the aqua-duck but things the flowrider and water slides on the RC ships we have been are much, much better. She isn't a fan of the broadway type shows because she doesnt know what they are (Saturday Night Fever, mama mia, etc) but really does enjoy the headliner options and ice skating shows.

Overall, an Oasis Class ship is her #1 choice. She loves that there are so many kids her age, she loves the bigger pool deck and she loves the amount of activities and diversity in things for her to do. What I think she would tell you she loves the most (if she knew how is broke down) is that she can literally take two RC cruises for every one DCL cruise she takes.

All great information! Thanks for the comparison. I think my boys will enjoy it! And I'm sure it'll be a great ship for my (to be) 3 year old daughter.

We've sailed a lot and Oasis was our favorite by far. Our kids liked the club's until they were about 9, but since then prefer not to go to the children's programs other than the late night pajama/ movie parties (true for DCL, RCCL, and Carnival). Oasis felt less crowded than most of the smaller ships. We prebooked shows, so no lines or arriving to find things already full. The Ice show and Dive shows were amazing, and lots of different types of activities all day and evening to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!