Considering Aulani for a week.

Geemo

DIS Veteran
While I'm not one to lounge for a full week.
Looking to zipline, snorkel and a few other activities while there.
What do you recommend?
TIA
Geemo

If you are a movie buff, I highly recommend the Jurassic Adventure Tour at Kualoa Ranch. We took the tour yesterday and it was fantastic. There is also ziplining available at Kualoa Ranch and also at another place called Climbworks. We also went horseback riding on the beach through Hawaii Polo Club.

Climbworks zip lining is an amazing experience! There are also some not too crazy hikes/walks that are quite beautiful. We did the Makapuʻu Point Lighthouse walk today after doing Koko Head Stairs (probably wouldn’t recommend that one unless the fam is pretty athletic). Both had gorgeous views! The botanical gardens, sampling the different Shave Ice around the island (Wailoa is the best IMO 😋), and surfing lessons (Uncle Bryan’s)! At least one cabana day at Aulani is also really nice if it fits the budget.

We did the zip-line tour at Kualoa Ranch and it was unbelievable. Had an absolute blast. Also went to SeaLife Park and swam with seals (my favorite). Went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Great place.

Normally I would say spend as much time at Aulani as you can because it's so great, but I have no COVID visiting experience. Under normal circumstances the adult pools, bars, the spa, and rental stuff at the beach are enough to keep you busy and relaxed the whole time!

We really enjoyed the Makapu'u Lighthouse trail hike. We also really enjoyed the Diamond Head hike.

After the hike head over to Makapu'U Beach or any of the beautiful beaches and cool off in the water.

Thanks,,will be watching thread. Looking at a week next march. Never been so all info is great. Thanks all.

Last time i was in Ohau, i enjoyed Kualoa Ranch. Lunch at Turtle Bay Resort. Drive around the island.
m
Mostly for me, when in HI, i am happy with a ocean view seat under an umbrella with a good book in one hand and a Lava Flow in the other.

More info please! Always looking for a new cocktail.
Just Google that one. It’s a pretty standard frozen drink. Unfortunately the frozen ones almost always give me a migraine, so I’ve only had one or two and don’t remember exactly what’s in it. Seems like frozen lemonade-ish with a sangria swirl.

Just Google that one. It’s a pretty standard frozen drink. Unfortunately the frozen ones almost always give me a migraine, so I’ve only had one or two and don’t remember exactly what’s in it. Seems like frozen lemonade-ish with a sangria swirl.
It is like a pina colada with strawberry swirl. Ask for a rum float topper. 👍🏻

If its the pre-made frozen kind, a lava flow is usually a pina colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed together from what I've seen.

If its the pre-made frozen kind, a lava flow is usually a pina colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed together from what I've seen.
Ah, yes, makes more sense. It’s probably been 10 years since I had a frozen drink (a couple of massive headaches will definitely curb your appetite for something), so it was kinda fuzzy. I think some places even call it a Pina Colava.

How far from airport to hotel. Is renting cars easy?
About 20 minutes depending on traffic. The airport had a ton of construction going on when I was there in early 2020 and I'm not sure how that's progressed, but I wouldn't describe it as more or less difficult than renting a car at any other airport.

How far from airport to hotel. Is renting cars easy?
Its 20 miles - a half an hour in our experience, with minimal traffic. Expect longer if you're driving during weekday rush hour.

There's very few rental car agencies that had on-site desks at the airport. We rented through Alamo and took a shuttle to their office from the airport, but the shuttle was easy to find and came around frequently. The process to rent the car was quick and easy. As PP noted, no different than any other car rental experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter