• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Considering DC

mcr5298

DIS Veteran
I am considering this for our next trip.

This is a very costly option. Is it worth it and how long is the swim?

Thanks,

Joe

Yes.

This thread comes up often, but scrolls off the board and we start over.

DC is something special. You save up for it like a ski trip, or a huge vacation. Many are used to a $50 park ticket and discounts to make it less. They're shocked to find it costs close to $200 for DC. And the pictures aren't cheap either, most spend about $100. But yes, it's worth every penny.

The swim is 20 minutes. You pet the dolphin, get a kiss, send it out to do a flip, and get a ride.

While it initially does look costly, if you break down everything that's included the price really isn't that bad. Obviously it does mean you need to use the other parts in order to attain that "value".

A dolphin swim pretty much ANYWHERE in the world in going to be close to $80-100 range. The lunch is probably $15-20 range. The weeks worth of SeaWorld tickets is probably a $75 value and the rest of the day's value at DC is probably $30-40. If being able to financially justify a big expense is an important issue to you, why not look at it this way. If you take a two or three relaxing days to use the SW tickets for half or 3/4s of a day, instead of visiting another park, you get the chance to thoroughly cover SW, mix in a few bits of shopping, get up late, or relaxing round the pool. If it helps you to substitute 3 "regular park" days there is close on $150 per person saving. Obviously if you hold Annual passes or wouldn't visit SW then the "value" is a lot harder to justify.

We did DC in December and I would rebook it in a heartbeat!!!!!!!My 8 year old DD and I went and it rained the entire day and it was only about 65 degrees out that day but we still had a amazing time!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter