Contemporary Monorail Station: 3 Stooges

BC1836

DIS Veteran
At around 3:45 this afternoon, the 3 Stooges (my apologies to the original Moe, Larry, and Curly) working at the Contemporary's monorail station only let on about fifteen people, since that number of passengers exited the monorail. What's wrong? They failed to walk the length of the monorail to see that only two people were in the first car and standing room was available in the next car. Forty guests could easily have fit in the first two cars but the three lazy bones clustered around the center and rear of the station and only did a head count of those who exited instead of examining to available room in each car. (note: the wait line was long, to be sure). Several guests brought this to their immediate attention but the three yo yos just responded as if they were deer caught in headlights. Duh.

Why are not guests waiting to board standing all up and down the platform?

That would also speed up the boarding rather than have the queue begin at a turnstile just outside the platform.
(It would not be necessary to let so many people onto the platform in advance that there is the danger of someone falling off into the path of the train.)

Seems like someone higher up in Transportation and also the resort's Guest Services needs to review the overall boarding procedures.

Last edited:
Why are not guests waiting to board standing all up and down the platform?

That would also speed up the boarding rather than have the queue begin at a turnstile just outside the platform.
(It would not be necessary to let so many people onto the platform in advance that there is the danger of someone falling off into the path of the train.)

Seems like someone higher up in Transportation and also the resort's Guest Services needs to review the overall boarding procedures.

At the monorail resorts you are kept behind the entrance/turnstiles and the cm then lets you through after the guests have exited.

I have noticed even at the TTC and MK, when people are lined up down the ramps, that those letting folks in don't urge people to walk all the way to the end of the platform. Many monorail cars at the end of the trains leave half empty because everyone clusters in the middle. I agree with the OP, it is very frustrating when you are waiting in line to see trains go not full!

I blame the guests more than the CMs. Open your eyes people!

Just like the fast food places with guests only using one side of the register..

I'm wondering if it could be a crowd control issue? They need to have room to let people on at the next stops.

I blame the guests more than the CMs. Open your eyes people!

Just like the fast food places with guests only using one side of the register..
Do you? Did you even read the post and know how the monorail station works at the CR? If not (which is obviously true), why would you even post? At the CR, guests are held back at 1 entry point. I suppose the guests could have rushed the CM or jumped the fence, but other than that, there's nothing else they could have done.

I was thinking about this. I wonder if maybe that almost-empty car was carrying VIP-type guests, and that’s why they wouldn’t let anyone go? Surely the CMs would be told if, say, the Kardashian/Jenners were on the monorail, and would try to protect that car?

Ok maybe the Kardashian/Jenners were a bad example since we’d all know they were there lol. but you get the idea.

Do you? Did you even read the post and know how the monorail station works at the CR? If not (which is obviously true), why would you even post? At the CR, guests are held back at 1 entry point. I suppose the guests could have rushed the CM or jumped the fence, but other than that, there's nothing else they could have done.

Wow so rude! Yes I read all of the posts. Maybe you didn't comprehend I was replying to the person complaining about how guests do not go to every available gate at the stops that have multiple. In those cases the guests are to blame not the CMs.

If you had read all of the posts you would have noted I was one of the first to point out the Contemporary has only one gate. Maybe read yourself before attacking others.

Maybe you didn't comprehend I was replying to the person complaining about how guests do not go to every available gate at the stops that have multiple. In those cases the guests are to blame not the CMs.

Since you didn’t use the quote function, your reply stands alone and can only be taken to be in response to the whole thread. There was no way to know that you felt you were responding to one person.

And for me, when I’m reading a thread I almost never pay attention to the “who”. So I wouldn’t have caught that you said the other thing. I read it but didn’t track who exactly said what.

Wow so rude! Yes I read all of the posts. Maybe you didn't comprehend I was replying to the person complaining about how guests do not go to every available gate at the stops that have multiple. In those cases the guests are to blame not the CMs.

If you had read all of the posts you would have noted I was one of the first to point out the Contemporary has only one gate. Maybe read yourself before attacking others.
You replied to the thread, not an individual post. I don't make it a practice to research who posted what, as it doesn't make a difference, I reply to the posts. I did probably come off a little rude, as your post seemed over-the-top condescending and again as you posted to the thread, it appeared you were implying and really bluntly saying that it was the OP and every other guests fault that only 15 or so ppl. got on and the whole "open your eyes people" was pretty critical, especially considering that in this case you were the one who was incorrect/wrong. - Again, no way to think/know you were replying to a different specific poster/comment - you only replied to the thread, which would imply that you were replying to the OP.

I don't agree that replying means one is replying to the OP only. Many threads run like conversations. I thought it was pretty obvious I was replying to the post before mine, which is why I didn't use the quotes. Which it seems was a mistake.

But thanks for the apology. I appreciate it.:)

I thought it was pretty obvious I was replying to the post before mine, which is why I didn't use the quotes.
Why would that be obvious (to the reader) though? IMO, if you want to respond to a particular post, quote it. Then there's no doubt about what you're responding to.

Why would that be obvious (to the reader) though? IMO, if you want to respond to a particular post, quote it. Then there's no doubt about what you're responding to.

Good grief. I said in hindsight it was a mistake. Why do you seem to want to beat me up over it. Glad you have never posted anything in error. Sheesh.

Good grief. I said in hindsight it was a mistake. Why do you seem to want to beat me up over it. Glad you have never posted anything in error. Sheesh.
Asking you a question is "beating you up"? Come on, you've been here long enough to know that's not true. Don't forget, you can't read tone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!