Contemporary's The Wave restaurant review

We watched this last night.
Found how excited Pete was with his appetiser most entertaining-
Thought he was possibly having a foodgasm!!!
Was so disappointed for him with the steak & then the sorbet debacle.
However; pleased everyone still enjoyed their meal.

Always thought that this is one of the best values on property. They consistently deliver great food at a good price point. That bacon & eggs appetizer is perfection...I really hope The Wave doesn't watch that review and up prices :earboy2:.

The only thing better than a Pete foodgasm is when things go the other way (H&V and the classic Tony's review from a few years back are classics). A major guilty pleasure for a restaurant geek like me! I might pay big bucks for a charity auction of "Dinner with Pete at Disney's Worst Restaurant."

This is a very helpful review of The Wave. I haven't been there in awhile and didn't realize that they have such good desserts.

I love the Disney Dining Show. The reviewers are often a good mix of people with varying levels of food knowledge and specific tastes and the assessments are thorough and justified. They make the distinction between objectively bad things (such as gummy pasta, inferior ingredients) and subjectively bad (dislike of flavors or style of food). Good job, folks!

Thanks for letting the secret out. Now this will go the way of LeCellier, with everybody and their brother raving about signature dining at one table service credits, impossible to get reservations, and ultimately leading to The Wave becoming a signature dining experience at signature dining prices.

I've eaten there several times, and have enjoyed it every single time. The last time, I also enjoyed the $34 filet. I ordered it medium-rare and it came out perfectly cooked and tender. My wife had a seafood cioppino, which she found "just ok". Everything was perfectly cooked, but as a whole, it just didn't have a "wow factor". For dessert, I had the chocolate flight, and the wife had the seasonal flight. Both of us agreed that the pastry chef was very talented, because each and every one of the items on the plate were delicious.

The Wave is a must-do for us every trip. Hubby loves the bacon and eggs appetizer. And, if we're lucky enough to be there on a day they have corn chowder, oh my - so good! The bread the restaurant serves is delicious, and the entrees are always well-prepared. We both love the sorbet - so good!

Have not been there yet, but the review makes me think it should be added to a future trip.

I can't get past someone not taking their hat off at dinner. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but take the cap off!!!!

The Wave is a hidden gem and one of my faves on property for either breakfast or dinner. Absolutely love it. I normally go more than once per trip (once or twice for breakfast, and once for dinner). I've had the short ribs and my god is it ever good. I highly recommend it.

I do agree with Pete that they really need to indicate that wine is in the sorbet. This is a bit of a big deal. For example, anyone who eats only halal would have a huge issue not knowing there's wine in the sorbet.

I can't get past someone not taking their hat off at dinner. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but take the cap off!!!!

LOL, you should work for Jiko! I kind of agree with you, I don't think it's very polite. However, DH ALWAYS wears a baseball cap, including at meals. Sometimes I remind him to remove it, but after 37 years of marriage, he's learned to ignore me. Well, last time we went to Jiko, the hostess reminded him when we checked in that he had to remove his hat in the restaurant. He looked pretty embarrassed, but I was secretly pleased.
I've always thought of trying The Wave, but I wondered how it felt to go into a restaurant that has no windows-that seemed a little strange to me. But now it sounds like it may be worth a try!

The Wave is a hidden gem and one of my faves on property for either breakfast or dinner. Absolutely love it. I normally go more than once per trip (once or twice for breakfast, and once for dinner). I've had the short ribs and my god is it ever good. I highly recommend it.

I do agree with Pete that they really need to indicate that wine is in the sorbet. This is a bit of a big deal. For example, anyone who eats only halal would have a huge issue not knowing there's wine in the sorbet.

Wasn't it called an apple moscato sorbet and cranberry rose sorbet? The name of the wine was in the name of the sorbet.

LOL, you should work for Jiko! I kind of agree with you, I don't think it's very polite. However, DH ALWAYS wears a baseball cap, including at meals. Sometimes I remind him to remove it, but after 37 years of marriage, he's learned to ignore me. Well, last time we went to Jiko, the hostess reminded him when we checked in that he had to remove his hat in the restaurant. He looked pretty embarrassed, but I was secretly pleased.
I've always thought of trying The Wave, but I wondered how it felt to go into a restaurant that has no windows-that seemed a little strange to me. But now it sounds like it may be worth a try!

The no windows does make it seem very wedding banquet hall-ish. But, didn't bother me enough from going to dinner and then going back for a lunch during the same trip! :)

The Wave for breakfast ties for the breakfast that dh & I love most. It's more classy while we also love Trails End - more rustic. Both very good.

Went to Wave for dinner and was underwhelmed with our steaks - we'll stick with breakfast there.

Wasn't it called an apple moscato sorbet and cranberry rose sorbet? The name of the wine was in the name of the sorbet.

This is what I was thinking. Forgive my ignorance, but if I was a recovering alcoholic and any dessert had a type of alcohol in the name, I would ask questions before ordering it. I do the same thing with dairy and caffeine if I’m not sure.

This is what I was thinking. Forgive my ignorance, but if I was a recovering alcoholic and any dessert had a type of alcohol in the name, I would ask questions before ordering it. I do the same thing with dairy and caffeine if I’m not sure.
Sorry but "cranberry rose sorbet" doesnt obviously indicate that it contains alcohol. Esp the word "Rose" (even with an 'e' on the end). Some people would still have no clue that that's wine. Also, if youre not a drinker you wouldnt know what moscato is either. I have never heard of moscato myself. Im not a drinker either. I cant stand wine. I wouldnt have a clue that these contain alcohol. If it wasnt that obvious to either Pete or myself, then that means there could be others. They need to put a disclaimer. They should assume everyone knows what moscato is.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter