Contemporary's The Wave restaurant review

Well, Rose is a type of wine. A blush wine, there's an accent over the e, I can't get it to type - Pete pronounces it in the review. So yeah, really.

I don't care if they add a disclaimer, just saying that the name of the alcohol was in the name of the dessert and the waiter did tell them.
I know what rose wine is....i've had it before...but all im saying is that you cant assume everyone who see's "rose" (even if its spelled correctly) on the menu, that they'll automatically know that it contains alcohol. Especially a word like rose! Come on. I print menu's for patients at the nutrition dept at a local hospital. This is a big deal. Trust me. You just cannot assume. You'd be surprised with the things people are not aware of, no matter how obvious it may seem to you.

I know what rose wine is....i've had it before...but all im saying is that you cant assume everyone who see's "rose" (even if its spelled correctly) on the menu, that they'll automatically know that it contains alcohol. Especially a word like rose! Come on. I print menu's for patients at the nutrition dept at a local hospital. This is a big deal. Trust me. You just cannot assume. You'd be surprised with the things people are not aware of, no matter how obvious it may seem to you.

The way you said "really" implied to me you didn't know what it was. Sorry for the unnecessary wine lesson.

My guess is they just missed it. No way Pete and his group didn't know that Rose and Moscato are wines.

My guess is they just missed it. No way Pete and his group didn't know that Rose and Moscato are wines.
We dont know that it was printed on the menu though. Pete did say the server was going thru the names of each sorbet...but i dont think the names of the sorbet was printed on the menu. I just listened to the clip again. True, between the four of them...once the server said moscato, i guess someone should have asked if there was alcohol. But perhaps the other three just werent paying attention. And like pete said, you dont expect alcohol in a sorbet. it should be printed on the menu. I've seen many restaurants with alcohol disclaimers printed on them. Its an easy fix and the responsible thing to do.

I've made ice cream and sorbet extensively, and wouldn't assume that the sorbet was made with wine. Alcohol lowers the freezing point. In order to lower the alcohol content to minimize the risk of ice crystals, you'd heat the wine until the alcohol is burned off. Instead of boiling perfectly good wine, I would have assumed that the sorbet was made with muscat grape juice, and was being called "Moscato" to make it more familiar to the general public.

So, I'm with Pete. They should have labelled it as being made from wine, even if they had boiled every last molecule of alcohol away.

I've made ice cream and sorbet extensively, and wouldn't assume that the sorbet was made with wine. Alcohol lowers the freezing point. In order to lower the alcohol content to minimize the risk of ice crystals, you'd heat the wine until the alcohol is burned off. Instead of boiling perfectly good wine, I would have assumed that the sorbet was made with muscat grape juice, and was being called "Moscato" to make it more familiar to the general public.

So, I'm with Pete. They should have labelled it as being made from wine, even if they had boiled every last molecule of alcohol away.

No one is assuming that sorbet is made with wine.

I did assume that when the waiter stated the name of the sorbet and the wine was in the name, people would assume there was wine in it. Apparently not and thus I won't assume it anymore.

So sad when they go and mess up the secret great places to eat.

So, for the record, it's terrible, do not go. Awful service, yucky food, not even close to the best steak I ever had on property, the castmembers are not wonderful, the decor is not warm, modern and relaxing. :-)

Well, Rose is a type of wine. A blush wine, there's an accent over the e, I can't get it to type - Pete pronounces it in the review. So yeah, really.

I don't care if they add a disclaimer, just saying that the name of the alcohol was in the name of the dessert and the waiter did tell them.
It would have never occurred to me that the alcohol would not have been cooked off when they made it. Usually if something with wine is cooked it burns off so you get just the flavor and not the alcohol. I guess I was thinking sorbet was made like ice cream where you have to cook the custard. I learned something new in that video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter