Convert park hopper to AP on blackout day?

Laralyn

DIS Veteran
It turns out my SO is going home to visit his mom on the weekend of 9/30, and I'm thinking about driving up to Disneyland for a quick visit. We're going for a "real" trip to DL in January or February, so I was going to grab a Southern California AP for this trip. Then I noticed that weekend was blacked out for APs.

Can you convert park hopper tickets to APs during a blackout weekend? Will they only convert it to a premium AP rather than the regular one because of the blackout?

Thanks for any info you can pass along. :)

Laralyn said:
It turns out my SO is going home to visit his mom on the weekend of 9/30, and I'm thinking about driving up to Disneyland for a quick visit. We're going for a "real" trip to DL in January or February, so I was going to grab a Southern California AP for this trip. Then I noticed that weekend was blacked out for APs.

Can you convert park hopper tickets to APs during a blackout weekend? Will they only convert it to a premium AP rather than the regular one because of the blackout?

Thanks for any info you can pass along. :)

Im going to be doing the same thing that your talking about only difference is the days Im going there is only one blackout date...I called and checked with Disney guest services and they said that they will let me in with my ph ticket on a blackout date and I can still go convert it to any passport I want and still be able to use it that day...so Im pretty sure you wont be able to use the AP during the whole weekend...might just have to use your passport on those and use it towards upgrading to passport on the last day...also they said I can upgrade it to deluxe...dont have to go premium :goodvibes

You can convert on a Black out day and it will be good on that day. But it won't be good on any other black out day, regardless of how many days left you had on your PH. Be sure to check that your other trip is not scheduled during another black out period. For the So-Cal that would be most/all weekends (at least Saturday) and all holiday periods.

It will be good the day you upgrade, even if it is a black out day. Be sure to keep your receipt with you, if you leave or hop to the other park. They will back date your ap to the first day you used your hopper. So, they may question you at the gate. They gave me a hard time at DL, but not at DCA.

If you upgrade on the last day you should be ok. If you need a black out pass they are $30 for the day, must be bought the day of use, and are good for park hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter