Copper Creek vs Boulder Ridge - pros/cons

BeachNut

Earning My Ears
Owners of either of these resorts - what made you pick one over the other - any and all details would be appreciated. Thank you!

The biggest thing is the 2042 expiration date at BRV vs 2068 for CCV. Also the BRV will permit more in the units, 5 in a studio and 1 BR, and 9 in 2 BR. CCV has a hard limit of 4,4 and 8.

I wanted the longer expiration date of 2068... We are only a family of 3 so the lower occupancy limit at CCV didn’t bother us. When I travel with extended family, I put them in a separate room anyways (love them but need to have a few hours of space from them on vacations). 😝

I have owned BRV and I currently own CCV and I love them both. BRV rooms are a bit more comfortable but CCV rooms are newer. My personal preference is to be in the main WL building so I stay at CCV most times but quite frankly the differences between the two are not significant, IMO.

As others have pointed out, the most practical consideration is the contract length, but the rest of it simply boils down to personal preferences.

Longer life of the contract and we really like the rooms and the rooms being in the main building. My husband has to use a scooter for respiratory reasons so it‘s just easier for us. We also don’t have to worry about room capacity.

The expiration date is the biggest difference but there is also a price difference between the two that adjusts for it. We used to stay at WL pre-DVC and I was uncertain about not being in the main building when we bought VWL. Last year I finally was back in the main building with a CCV stay.....and was wishing I was back in the nice, peaceful BRV building. Also BRV has occupancy for 5 in the studios since they added the single murphy bed. The 1BR also allows 5 although you have to bring the 5th bed for that one. CCV is an occupancy of 4 in both the studio and 1BR.

We bought VWL pre-opening. CCR wasn't even a glimmer in anyone's eye yet. VWL (now called BRV) has bigger rooms, but no Grand Villas. It's a separate building attached by a covered walkway.

It is absolutely a major factor that VWL opened in 2000 and has been sold through for more than 10 years when CCV started build.

For most VWL owners it was not a choice.

Again, life of contract.

I personally like that BR is separate, its nice and quiet. I also did not care about the shorter life, Ill deal with 2042 when it comes. Plus CCV was not an option.
CCV studios can be difficult to get.

BR is(was) supposed to be getting a much needed hard good refurb this year, the rooms are pretty warn down.

ETA:
it seems that BRV has had better 7 month availability

The expiration date is the biggest difference but there is also a price difference between the two that adjusts for it. We used to stay at WL pre-DVC and I was uncertain about not being in the main building when we bought VWL. Last year I finally was back in the main building with a CCV stay.....and was wishing I was back in the nice, peaceful BRV building. Also BRV has occupancy for 5 in the studios since they added the single murphy bed. The 1BR also allows 5 although you have to bring the 5th bed for that one. CCV is an occupancy of 4 in both the studio and 1BR.
How comfortable would you say the Murphy bed is for an adult - is it a realistic sleeping option or is it best for kids?

How comfortable would you say the Murphy bed is for an adult - is it a realistic sleeping option or is it best for kids?

A smaller adult can sleep on it fine. I haven't slept on the BRV one specifically but it's the same as VGF which I have slept on. 5'5". I believe it's a little smaller than a standard twin bed but it is a real mattress. I actually switched to it after a night on the pull out sofa and the murphy bed was much more comfortable. So some adults can sleep on it comfortably although I'd say it was intended more for kids.

ETA:
it seems that BRV has had better 7 month availability

A good point on availability that also applies to the home resort priority. CCV has the points from the cabins which has been stressing studio as well as 1BR and even 2BR availability. If one wants to be able to have a little easier time booking then BRV will be the better purchase. For CCV studios you want to plan on booking right when the 11 month window opens.

A smaller adult can sleep on it fine. I haven't slept on the BRV one specifically but it's the same as VGF which I have slept on. 5'5". I believe it's a little smaller than a standard twin bed but it is a real mattress. I actually switched to it after a night on the pull out sofa and the murphy bed was much more comfortable. So some adults can sleep on it comfortably although I'd say it was intended more for kids.
Thank you, Kat - that’s good to know. Do you know if the 1 and 2BR also have the Murphy bed?

Thank you, Kat - that’s good to know. Do you know if the 1 and 2BR also have the Murphy bed?

At BRV it's only the studios. If you booked a 2BR lockoff which is a studio and 1BR with a connecting door then it would still have the murphy bed in the studio side. It also means that a 2BR lockoff at BRV allows you to book up to 9ppl if you wanted to and to have the sleeping surfaces for all 9ppl. (1 king bed, 1 queen bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa, 1 double sleeper sofa and 1 murphy bed) The dedicated 2BR there though only has sleeping surfaces for 8 and requires bring your own bed for the 9th.

Owners of either of these resorts - what made you pick one over the other - any and all details would be appreciated. Thank you!
CCV have a studio problem-- not enough to go around. I only rent studios (and BRV is due for a refurb) so BRV for me. :)

Longer contract, staying in the main building and we like the newer rooms look.
I love the CC decor, but do you ever worry a lot of the nice touches will not be there after the first rehab? We felt that happened at BCV and it bothered us - still a great location though.

CCV was in active sales when I was looking to add on. I love the location, the rooms, and the cabins. The room size doesn't affect me. We like to spread out. So, at the time we bought, it was the obvious choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter