Copper Creek vs Boulder Ridge - pros/cons

Usually what they do is, they will refurb a room or two and when people stay in it, they get asked their opinions of it. So some people posts pics of them. It’s not guaranteed to bee the same as the rest rooms. But I’m willing to be the large Murphy bed/sofa at RIV and SSR will make its way to all resorts at WDW, just not OKW, since studios have 2 queen beds already.
And they can't put it in the one bedroom living room either. The windows wrap around the room.

And they can't put it in the one bedroom living room either. The windows wrap around the room.
Yes, I don’t think they will do it in the 1 and 2 bedrooms at OKW. They could just block off the window. I don’t think it would look good, but I have seen people do crazy things.

Yes, I don’t think they will do it in the 1 and 2 bedrooms at OKW. They could just block off the window. I don’t think it would look good, but I have seen people do crazy things.
No, that would totally suck.

Great information in this thread! I love Wilderness Lodge, and am in the process of deciding between a BRV or BLT contract. The 2042 expiration doesn’t really bother me (will be 65 and still have a SSR contract to keep me going). At least with the boat between them, I’ll be able to spend time at both resorts with either choice. Any opinions from the group?

Great information in this thread! I love Wilderness Lodge, and am in the process of deciding between a BRV or BLT contract. The 2042 expiration doesn’t really bother me (will be 65 and still have a SSR contract to keep me going). At least with the boat between them, I’ll be able to spend time at both resorts with either choice. Any opinions from the group?
Sounds like a good plan, especially if you can get a BRV at a discount as prices fall in 6 months to a year....

Currently in the same boat of deciding which I would like best for purchasing. For me, I'm strongly leaning towards BR because the quieter atmosphere and bus proximity appeals to me -however, the contract length is a huge sway in favor of CC (I'll be young 50s once 2042 hits - I know 20 years is still a long time, but I don't like the thought of the contract expiring before I want it to!)

Here's my biggest question after reading the comments: how hard are CC studios to book really? This might be the nail in the coffin. I understand the problem of booking studios in general with dvc due to popularity and availability - but I envision the majority of my Disney travel being with just one other person, so I don't have need for most bigger options. If CC studios are as hard as everyone says, that may be the nail in the coffin. I'm an enthusiastic advance planner who has flexibility to travel throughout the year, but I'm not gonna lie - WL at xmas season sounds magical... However, if booking a studio in Nov./Dec. at the 11 month window isn't possible even as an owner, I'm thinking it's not for me.

Currently in the same boat of deciding which I would like best for purchasing. For me, I'm strongly leaning towards BR because the quieter atmosphere and bus proximity appeals to me -however, the contract length is a huge sway in favor of CC (I'll be young 50s once 2042 hits - I know 20 years is still a long time, but I don't like the thought of the contract expiring before I want it to!)

Here's my biggest question after reading the comments: how hard are CC studios to book really? This might be the nail in the coffin. I understand the problem of booking studios in general with dvc due to popularity and availability - but I envision the majority of my Disney travel being with just one other person, so I don't have need for most bigger options. If CC studios are as hard as everyone says, that may be the nail in the coffin. I'm an enthusiastic advance planner who has flexibility to travel throughout the year, but I'm not gonna lie - WL at xmas season sounds magical... However, if booking a studio in Nov./Dec. at the 11 month window isn't possible even as an owner, I'm thinking it's not for me.
I agree, BRV is cheaper then CCV, but the contract length is an issue since we have a long time left with DVC. I have had no problems for studios at 11 months right at 8am, but there is always that chance so make sure you are flexible with the dates. There are easier times and harder times, and they do go fast and 1 bedrooms go slower then 2 bedrooms, but not as fast as the studios. Last year we had Dec booked at 11 and with less then 11 wanted to go in Nov for a week as well, and got it put together by stalking and WLs, even added on another studio day to the trip the day we were flying out for our CCV trip. I think BRV is easier to get availability wise since it doesn't have all the points against the cabins.

CCV studios are hard, especially in fall. They are also a nuisance to waitlist because of the categories in use. November/December gets walked and cannot be relied on at 11 months.

I own at CCV. Love both, have stayed in both and will continue to stay in both. Many have stated the below reasons, but here are my personal preferences for both:

What is great about both:
- Same common areas (lobby, pools, restaurants, grounds)
- Same point charts
- Dues are similar (close enough for me)

What I prefer about CCV:
- Staying in the main lodge
- Longer term (but comes with a higher price to match)
- Current decor (for now)

What I prefer about BRV:
- Rooms have more of a vacation home feel as opposed to converted hotel rooms in CCV
- Availability (generally easier than CCV - with the usual caveats regarding room type, time of year, etc.)
- Cheaper initial purchase price (but with shorter term)

Conclusion:
- For me, I bought CCV for the longer contract length. Had I been, say 15 years older, I would have bought BRV, hands down
- If you MUST stay in studios, I would research availability before purchasing CCV
- If you have a love of the Lodge, you will love either

Thanks for the input all! I think all things considered, I'll probably pursue BR because it's ultimately my preference, despite the shorter contract length, and just plan on being extremely wealthy in 20 years so the contract end will be irrelevant and I can just re-buy wherever I want. (◠‿・)—☆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!