Copper Creek vs Boulder Ridge - pros/cons

OK, I’ll throw my .02 in. I researched extensively before purchasing and bought 210 points at VWL (BRV). It was in the plan to buy a 100 point add on at BCV but somehow I have escaped that (so far).
Here were my reasons:

Contract ending in 2042 was appealing to me as I will be 77 at that point and figured I’d be blessed to enjoy it that long. To me, the idea of passing on a Copper Creek contract on to heirs just doesn’t make sense as you have no idea if they would want or be able to afford it.
Next, I love the layout with dedicated 1BR & 2BR units. These are very* desirable IMHO because they don’t exist at GF or Poly. And, the 2BR dedicated units get an extra queen bed which I figure might be really good down the road.
BRV is quieter than being in the Copper Creek section of the main lodge IMHO.
Also, in my old age I’ll be happy to be so close to the bus stop.
The workout room is in the BRV building which is nice.
And, while BRV doesn’t have a Grand Villa, if I was going to splurge I’m pretty sure I can get a Copper Creek cabin or a Poly Bungalow without much trouble (not that I’d be caught dead in a Poly Bungalow as I hate those things....)

Hope that helps...

I love the CC decor, but do you ever worry a lot of the nice touches will not be there after the first rehab? We felt that happened at BCV and it bothered us - still a great location though.
Ya, i'm just hoping the members and staff keep it up long enough between referbs.

OK, I’ll throw my .02 in. I researched extensively before purchasing and bought 210 points at VWL (BRV). It was in the plan to buy a 100 point add on at BCV but somehow I have escaped that (so far).
Here were my reasons:

Contract ending in 2042 was appealing to me as I will be 77 at that point and figured I’d be blessed to enjoy it that long. To me, the idea of passing on a Copper Creek contract on to heirs just doesn’t make sense as you have no idea if they would want or be able to afford it.
Next, I love the layout with dedicated 1BR & 2BR units. These are very* desirable IMHO because they don’t exist at GF or Poly. And, the 2BR dedicated units get an extra queen bed which I figure might be really good down the road.
BRV is quieter than being in the Copper Creek section of the main lodge IMHO.
Also, in my old age I’ll be happy to be so close to the bus stop.
The workout room is in the BRV building which is nice.
And, while BRV doesn’t have a Grand Villa, if I was going to splurge I’m pretty sure I can get a Copper Creek cabin or a Poly Bungalow without much trouble (not that I’d be caught dead in a Poly Bungalow as I hate those things....)

Hope that helps...
I am in near complete agreement with you on all counts. I love the decor at a Copper Creek, but that’s only guaranteed to last until the next refurb. I actually don’t like the layout of the 2BR at CC - just seems cramped and weird with the galley kitchen the way it is. And we really need the two queen beds - you know - the kind you get in a regular hotel room. The only thing I don’t understand is why BRV is the cheapest on site DVC on the resale market - still feel like I’m missing something?

I am in near complete agreement with you on all counts. I love the decor at a Copper Creek, but that’s only guaranteed to last until the next refurb. I actually don’t like the layout of the 2BR at CC - just seems cramped and weird with the galley kitchen the way it is. And we really need the two queen beds - you know - the kind you get in a regular hotel room. The only thing I don’t understand is why BRV is the cheapest on site DVC on the resale market - still feel like I’m missing something?

BRV has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom just like all DVC Dedicated 2BR's do. And I feel the opposite - the living area feels larger at BRV than CCV. That's quite cramped in feeling to me.

Ya those prices for WL are hard to pass up vs CCV, i'm torn on getting a addon resell at one of them. I dont like the 1 bedrooms and 2 Bedroom Lock-off Villas having no door to the master (based on floor plans). Maybe the refurbs will fix that.

BRV has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom just like all DVC Dedicated 2BR's do. And I feel the opposite - the living area feels larger at BRV than CCV. That's quite cramped in feeling to me.
I think we’re saying the same thing - the layout at BRV is better/more spacious ???

We bought into CCV purely for contract length - we already loved location, boats, pools etc. And we are a family of 3 so studio fit wasnt an issue plus we prefer 1 bedrooms. Studio availability is not great - if you dont book at EXACTLY 11mo - you arent getting it for any length of time - but 1 bedrooms are no problem in my experience.
Also I think the refurb was scheduled for BRV to start this year?? But i might be making that up...

Ya those prices for WL are hard to pass up vs CCV, i'm torn on getting a addon resell at one of them. I dont like the 1 bedrooms and 2 Bedroom Lock-off Villas having no door to the master (based on floor plans). Maybe the refurbs will fix that.

??? You mean out to the hallway? There hasn't been a change done to the doors in any of the refurbs so I'd expect the lock-offs to remain the same. Since they are made up of a studio and a 1BR with connecting doors there will be a door from the studio side and another from the 1BR side that go out to the hallway.

??? You mean out to the hallway? There hasn't been a change done to the doors in any of the refurbs so I'd expect the lock-offs to remain the same. Since they are made up of a studio and a 1BR with connecting doors there will be a door from the studio side and another from the 1BR side that go out to the hallway.
Ya, the bedroom out to hallway/bathroom area. For example closing off the bedroom with tub/sink from the common area of bathroom with toilet/shower/sink and kitchen.

We bought into CCV purely for contract length - we already loved location, boats, pools etc. And we are a family of 3 so studio fit wasnt an issue plus we prefer 1 bedrooms. Studio availability is not great - if you dont book at EXACTLY 11mo - you arent getting it for any length of time - but 1 bedrooms are no problem in my experience.
Also I think the refurb was scheduled for BRV to start this year?? But i might be making that up...
I heard that too, but it’s hard to believe that’s on schedule. Do they ever show pictures of what the refurb will look like? I’d love to see that!

Ya, the bedroom out to hallway/bathroom area. For example closing off the bedroom with tub/sink from the common area of bathroom with toilet/shower/sink and kitchen.

There are doors there. It's a crazy config but the only area you can't close off from the master is the connecting tub/sink/closet area. There is a door between that and the shower/sink/toilet area and a door between the master and the kitchen area. And a door between the shower/sink/toilet and the kitchen area. LOTS of doors - they're everywhere! :) It's the same layout used at BCV, BWV and SSR too.

There are doors there. It's a crazy config but the only area you can't close off from the master is the connecting tub/sink/closet area. There is a door between that and the shower/sink/toilet area and a door between the master and the kitchen area. And a door between the shower/sink/toilet and the kitchen area. LOTS of doors - they're everywhere! :) It's the same layout used at BCV, BWV and SSR too.
Okay, good to know, I was worried about that if we ended up adding on with BRV, thanks!. The Disney floor plan layout didnt show that.

From anyone with experience, how comfortable is the secondary bed (pull out) in copper creek one bedroom vs boulder ridge one bedroom ?

Never buy based on decor. Just ask any of the 2042 resort owners whose resorts have done full refurb.
Just look at the change on the refurbishment at SSR. Rooms are going from ok to amazing. Yes OKW lost its vibe with the lack of colors. I hope when the do the BRV they don’t go with light colored walls.

I heard that too, but it’s hard to believe that’s on schedule. Do they ever show pictures of what the refurb will look like? I’d love to see that!
Usually what they do is, they will refurb a room or two and when people stay in it, they get asked their opinions of it. So some people posts pics of them. It’s not guaranteed to bee the same as the rest rooms. But I’m willing to be the large Murphy bed/sofa at RIV and SSR will make its way to all resorts at WDW, just not OKW, since studios have 2 queen beds already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter