Coral Reef Restaurant Review

midnight star

DIS Veteran
We dined at Coral Reef on Thursday (1/23). I heard about this restaurant from a coworker last year who ate here. I love anything sealife, so of course I had to eat here.

So our Epcot day wasn't the best. Not awful, but I felt like it could've been better. It was rainy and cold, and midday I got a migraine so bad, I had to lay down at First aid for an hour. Since I wasn't feeling well, we decided to try and check in earlier than our reservation. Our reservation was at 6:50, we checked in at 5:40. They told us we would be about 45 minutes. We were fine with that and waited inside. The wait was only about 30 minutes.

When we got in, we sat in one of the booths. The restaurant was pretty busy. I ordered the clam chowder, crab cake, and Ceasar salad (I wanted to try different things). My friend ordered the Mahi Mahi entree. We both enjoyed our food. I'm normally picky when it comes to crab, but it tasted pretty fresh.

Pros:
- Place is well themed. I love that the ceiling had the ocean wave effects
- Watching sharks, sting rays, and fish swim by is pretty cool
- Host service was very nice. They did their best to accomodate us coming early

Cons:
- Loud
- Very busy..our waitress she had a lot of tables to manage

We enjoy the restaurant but almost always go for an early lunch when it first opens. We don't like it when a restaurant gets too busy and loud and tend to eat at off times when it is quieter. Coral Reef has always been nice when we go and we enjoy the food, though I wish they would have more of a selection of fresh seafood.

Thanks for the review, we haven't been there in a few years and love the atmosphere but the food wasn't the greatest last time we were there.

Happy to read a good review- my husband wants to eat here on our next trip and I am just not sold.

Thanks for the review, we haven't been there in a few years and love the atmosphere but the food wasn't the greatest last time we were there.

same with us, ate there 7 years ago, it was fantastic, 4 years ago not so good, we have passed it for Boathouse now. I might want to try it again, thanks

My wife is migraine prone and our one and only time to Coral Reef, she was fine going in, but the lighting from the restaurant and/or giant aquarium, caused her to spike a migraine in the restaurant. We finished the meal, but she had to go back to the resort for the rest of the day and take her migraine prescriptions.

Her first indications are visual and she loses portions of her sight when a migraine is coming on (blank spots). This is what happened then at the table. We haven't tried to go back since then.

I remember enjoying my meal though!!

Thanks for your review! We've always enjoyed Coral Reef as well. It tends to get dumped on a lot on these boards so it's nice to see it getting some praise!

Thanks for your review! We've always enjoyed Coral Reef as well. It tends to get dumped on a lot on these boards so it's nice to see it getting some praise!
We had a nice time! I think I would’ve enjoyed it more if I was feeling a little better! But I have no complaints honestly.

We've been to Coral Reef twice and really enjoyed it both times. I've read a few reports that people find the decor dated, but I thought it was fantastic. I loved that "under the sea" feeling. We had really good food and service both times.

We eat here every once in awhile with the kids as they enjoy the views.

My wife and I always split the boil that comes with the lobster tail and crab legs. When they sit the bowl down it looks small but it's plenty for us while in the parks.

We always have had a good meal here. Last time we got table next to tank and that was great as turtles were right there. Food good and has som for everyone and the chocolate wave cake is great. It can get busy and loud but most places at Disney are the same so that comes with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!