Coral Reef.....

DisneyMomof2boys

Earning My Ears
"Must do" or skip it?? Reading the menus, I'm a little leary, but thought it would be a neat place for the boys (11 and 13) to eat. Is there someplace else you'd recommend? We've eaten at San Angel Inn and Le Cellier 2 years ago and loved both. So stick with what I know or be adventurous?:wave2: I'm new to the boards btw....Hello everyone!

:wave: Hello right back at ya! Welcome to the DIS!

I don't have any children, so my review comes from an experience with 2 adults. We really enjoyed the food. It is a little more unique, but it is very good! The lobster bisque is amazing!

Their menu changes frequently and I would guess they would be very accomodating to your kids if they wanted an item altered, ie. not as spicy, etc.

The restaurant is beautiful and it's a very unique experience.

Have fun!

Tamie

We took our 3 ds for lunch. The dinner prices are just too expensive. The food is good and fresh but the portions are somewhat on the smaller side. We had an elevated table, not by the viewing tank. While we could see the fish which I believe were also on the kids placemats or a card they gave us, I cant remember. They really wanted to be next to the tank. There was a family there whose child kept obstructing our view sometimes. If the child was properly disciplined and told to sit down I dont think it would have been a problem. Also little (Look at the fish, shark etc.) ones were very animated with their voices. That could get on some peoples nerves. We did enjoy the atmosphere. I don't know what you have to do to get the tank viewing tables but I feel it is much better. We would do it again if they ask. They are 11,13 and 15. They ordered anything but fish lol.

We ate lunch at Coral Reef with our 3 DDs last year. The view was awesome...we were seated right next to the tank and watched divers feed the fish. All 3 DDs enjoyed the food and because it was lunchtime, the prices weren't as bad as the dinner prices.

In my opinion, the food is not as good as Le Cellier, but the atmosphere is better. My kids loved it. We were right next to the tank. We had an early PS (5:30) and got there 15 minutes early. I requested a tank table and we got the second to last one at 5:15. My salad was very good, my dessert was excellent, but my entree was only okay. Next time, I will try the bisque as my entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter