Corkage Fees

C230K

Earning My Ears
I understand that it's ok per DCL to carry on "as much alcohol as you can." Alcohol must NOT be inside luggage, where bottles can break.

Not allowed to remove alcohol off the ship per DCL.

Corkage Fee quoted is $15 per bottle. $.50 per beer bottle.

Can you open your own bottle of wine in the dining room to avoid the corkage fee?

Thanks!

Hi, C230K! We carried a fair amount of alcohol onto our last cruise, mostly because of a planned party, not because we're huge drinkers!

We also bought the classic wine package, which worked very well for us for dinner, and we felt was a reasonable cost.

BTW, you can take UN-opened bottles off the ship -- you will just want to finish or share what you've opened, because opened bottles can't be removed

And yes, if you take a bottle to the dining room, the corkage fee must be charged -- you can't open it yourself. I know our assistant server felt badly about the charge for a bottle of champagne we took the last night. But I'd have felt worse if he had gotten into any trouble for NOT charging us. (And that will be the $15 corkage fee plus 15% for wine). At that rate, for 7 nights, we felt the classic wine package was well worth it.

The alcohol we took on board was mostly consumed in our coffee in the morning, or out on our verandah in the evening . . no corkage fee there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter