Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Rumors are suggesting that Coronado Springs is going to be changed to a Deluxe type resort with new updated rooms. Resort may or may not see DVC.

Thanks to WDWMagic for this photo.
CSR.png

C4zzboqWMAEYAqF.jpg large.jpg

Len Testa says an announcement will be made soon.

The expansion at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will include a new 15-story tower that will add 500 rooms, featuring suites and concierge level services. The resort will also refurbish its current resort rooms and transform its landscape with floating gardens and an island oasis that connects the resort through a series of bridges.

The new tower overlooking Lago Dorado, the resort’s centerpiece lake, will allow guests to experience something truly unique, rooftop dining with panoramic views of popular nighttime fireworks from nearby Disney theme parks.

BREAKING

More Guest Experiences and Dining Options Coming to Disney’s Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resorts

Last edited:
Not surprising. Gotta wine and dine those convention guests with deep pockets.(don't get me wrong I think it's a fine idea but that's probably the reason behind it) I think it's funny how this got announced with all the Caribbean beach rumors

Although I guess there is stuff about CBR but not what's been discussed. Probably a precursor to the DVC though

Not surprising. Gotta wine and dine those convention guests with deep pockets.(don't get me wrong I think it's a fine idea but that's probably the reason behind it) I think it's funny how this got announced with all the Caribbean beach rumors
If you read the article CBR is also getting upgrades throughout the resort including new dining, retail and more. No mention of a room expansion here though.

If you read the article CBR is also getting upgrades throughout the resort including new dining, retail and more. No mention of a room expansion here though.
Yeah that's why I slipped in my other reply that your most likely didn't see. This seemed really out of left field though

Yeah that's why I slipped in my other reply that your most likely didn't see. This seemed really out of left field though
I agree however Coronado had permits filed before CBR but it didn't indicate as much work there. CBR is having several buildings removed and the potential Gondola.

Here is the thinking. New amenities at both Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach resorts. Coronado has the business clientele for conventions. Caribbean will be getting DVC. These two resorts now become "Deluxe" resorts and are charged as such. No moderate level DVC anymore.

I know Coronado isn't mentioned in the Gondola/Skyway post, but is there thinking this will connect with DHS/AK eventually? It's not very far to either.

Here is the thinking. New amenities at both Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach resorts. Coronado has the business clientele for conventions. Caribbean will be getting DVC. These two resorts now become "Deluxe" resorts and are charged as such. No moderate level DVC anymore.

That seems most likely based on everything you're talking about.

I'm wondering if they might bump AoA up to the same "category/tier" as Port Orleans now. The resort feels more inline with the current moderates, and adding the skyline would only add to that.

I get that Disney is likely looking to remove resort categorization, but just going on how we currently look at them.

That seems most likely based on everything you're talking about.

I'm wondering if they might bump AoA up to the same "category/tier" as Port Orleans now. The resort feels more inline with the current moderates, and adding the skyline would only add to that.

I get that Disney is likely looking to remove resort categorization, but just going on how we currently look at them.
Bingo.

This could be interesting... When does the Caribbean work start? I go down in May and that's where I'll be staying

I haven't stayed at CSR but have stayed at CBR. It was nice but absolutely not worth a deluxe price. The rooms are small and fairly worn. I like CBR, but unless they redo all of the rooms or have different tier prices, I don't see why people would pay a deluxe price to stay in the current rooms.

With this potentially happening at Coronado and the possibility of AoA and Pop Century being serviced by the gondola this will allow Disney to raise the rates at these three and also both of the Port Orleans resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter