Coronado Springs La Vida Health Club gym q?

WorldNoFace

Earning My Ears
Hi guys
Does anyone have any experience with the health club at Coronado Springs? My wife and I would like to keep up our exercise routine while at WDW in May, but it's hard to tell from photos online what the gym is like there. Someone has told me it's just a tiny room with a couple machines, and Google shows various photos that are clearly not all of the same gym so it's hard to tell which, if any of those, are the actual Coronado one.

And while I'm at it, why don't I go ahead and make this a loaded post - anyone have tips on healthy eating in the parks? I know the sit-down restaurants shouldn't be too bad to find healthy choices, but it's the standard counter service places I'm worried about (think Cosmic Ray's, Electric Umbrella, etc.).

I like the little outdoor market in liberty square at mk. They used to have and hopefully still baked sweet potatos, plus fruit for snacks. Actually I don't see it on the allears menu, but the fruit is all there, sometimes not everything is listed.
Harambe market in AK has some good fruit options as well.
You should be able to come up with a decent lunch at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot too. Real food there, good options.
Also depending on which resort, many food courts offer make your own salad and yogurts options.
There's plenty of great available options.

Last edited:
Disney has gotten better at providing healthier alternatives for snacking and vegan options for dining. While, you are correct, that a lot of them are at the TS locations there are quite a few QS that offer better options as well. You'll see lots of fruit, veggie snack packs and hummus in the parks. Here are also QS locations that offer sandwiches, flatbreads and salads vs. the standard hamburger and hot dog options.

I recommend checking out the menus. Disney has them on their site now as well as Alleasrs.net. They have a ton of pretty current menus.

Satuli Canteen at Animal Kingdom is super healthy and probably the best counter service on Disney property. I wish we were going to the parks so that I could have the beef bowl! Mmmm. Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs has good subs and wraps, too. Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs has a really varied menu - I'm sure something healthy could be found there! This was a long time ago, but my mom just LOVED the rotisserie chicken there.

I'm at Coronado right now. My husband might go to the gym at some point in the next couple days, so if he does, I'll report back if no one else has yet.

We checked out the gym a couple days ago. It's pretty small and basic. They have cardio and weights equipment and should be adequate for a workout. When we walked up to it, it seemed much bigger due to one of the walls being a giant mirror. If you don't mind basic stuff, it should be fine!

The trip I was asking about this for has already passed ( *sob* ) but the Coronado gym ended up being pretty decent. Just really small. I can see it being hard to do anything in there if it's a busy season. Gotta find those times when no one is there. I'll most definitely be checking out Satuli Canteen and Earle of Sandwich next year. Our favorite healthy park counter service we ended up finding was Seasons in The Lands at Epcot. Very good stuff! I hope you guys are having fun/had fun on your trip!

Satuli Canteen at Animal Kingdom is super healthy and probably the best counter service on Disney property. I wish we were going to the parks so that I could have the beef bowl! Mmmm. Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs has good subs and wraps, too. Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs has a really varied menu - I'm sure something healthy could be found there! This was a long time ago, but my mom just LOVED the rotisserie chicken there.

I'm at Coronado right now. My husband might go to the gym at some point in the next couple days, so if he does, I'll report back if no one else has yet.

Right, it is small and basic as I ended up finding out. But that worked out just fine. Good enough to not fall off the fitness wagon during a vacation! There were times when there were a handful of other people in there and it became hard to get on things, but most of the time (I'd go around 10-11PM most nights) it was fine.

We checked out the gym a couple days ago. It's pretty small and basic. They have cardio and weights equipment and should be adequate for a workout. When we walked up to it, it seemed much bigger due to one of the walls being a giant mirror. If you don't mind basic stuff, it should be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!