Coronavirus and flying into China

It seems like the virus isn't
And Disney closed their theme park in Asia.

Clarification. Disney (along with the Chinese government) closed both Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort is still open...and is also in Asia

Is it possible to reschedule this trip for another time? I'd be hesitant to fly anywhere in Asia right now if I didn't have to.

Being honest, I'd be hesitant to fly at all as people transferring between flights can be a problem. Canada has it's first unconfirmed case. Person is in isolation at a Toronto hospital. His wife has also now developed symptoms and has been self-isolated in their home since they flew home from China last week. Officials are now trying to contact all people who were on their flight.

I would avoid any unnecessary flying right now until we know more about this. But, that's just me.

There was a live news conference today over the noon hour. In response to news media questioning, Toronto Public Health has confirmed they are only contacting those passengers on the same flight who are 3 rows front/behind this infected person’s seat. No one else on that flight from China arriving into Toronto is being contacted. To me this is ridiculous.

I mean, also, you don't want people with the common cold gumming up the works thinking they have this thing, putting strain on the resources for situations where people truly need to be in a hospital.

The problem is people not knowing what to do: call their doctor's office and talk to a nurse, schedule an appointment with the g.p., go to urgent care/walk in, go to e.r., etc, etc.

*Most* of the population can stay home and tough out most viruses, but there are always those who cannot/should not. My DH, for example, Mr Tough Man who never wants to go to the doctor, was diagnosed with COPD last year, and was firmly told by his pulmonologist to go to urgent care if he has any breathing issues that don't clear up with the use of his regular medications/inhalers. He doesn't *want* to, but he is supposed to!

And I can't imagine a situation where people here in the U.S. would voluntarily stay home, miss work and school, unless it was government mandated. Too many people are afraid of losing their jobs and/or their paychecks.

Terri

The problem is people not knowing what to do: call their doctor's office and talk to a nurse, schedule an appointment with the g.p., go to urgent care/walk in, go to e.r., etc, etc.

*Most* of the population can stay home and tough out most viruses, but there are always those who cannot/should not. My DH, for example, Mr Tough Man who never wants to go to the doctor, was diagnosed with COPD last year, and was firmly told by his pulmonologist to go to urgent care if he has any breathing issues that don't clear up with the use of his regular medications/inhalers. He doesn't *want* to, but he is supposed to!

And I can't imagine a situation where people here in the U.S. would voluntarily stay home, miss work and school, unless it was government mandated. Too many people are afraid of losing their jobs and/or their paychecks.

Terri

A lot of the folks I work with are out sick. If you’re not too sick, you can’t get work done at home. But if you’re sick, I don’t want you coming in sick and getting more people sick. I had to send employees home when they came in sick. It’s inconsiderate to healthy employees.

I just heard that my company's two factories in China are shut down for at least the next two weeks due to the virus.

10,000 Wuhan travelers are in Thailand and are banned from returning to Wuhan, China. They have been instructed to fly into Beijing and two other cities where special hotels will host them. My former school in Beijing has now notified all teachers to NOT return to Beijing this Sunday for e-classes, and if they have been on holiday in Thailand, they need to stay in Thailand and be evaluated at an international hospital there. The international grocery stores are virtually empty in Beijing. Nothing is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!