Cortisone shot for Plantar Fasciitis

I haven't and I get PF once in a while. I find stretching my feet, ankles, and calves helps me the most (esp do it just before you get out of bed). Running water bottles under my heel while watching tv, too. It will go away on it's own if you treat your feet and muscles well. Make sure you wear good supportive shoes until the foot is better. Forget fashion.

I'd also suggest acupunture over pharmacuticals.

My cure for PF was getting whooping cough.. YES whooping cough at 40.. Sucked, never wish this on ANYONE... (OT your immunization can wear off in middle age, guess that is what happened to me)

Anyways......that thing knocked me off my feet, almost literally.. No sport and VERY limited out and about... I just did necessary walking etc.... MY PF was from being overweight but VERY active and working out a lot.. ( my metabolism sucks).. So I was running 5Ks a lot and doing many step classes.... I think a total break of 2 months took care of the PF... I think total weight off that foot helps a lot.. I did a lot of calf stretches too. My husband did not do the shot but the shock treatment.. That HURT like hell he said, but it worked for him.

I had a shot in each foot at the same time a few months ago. I quickly regretted it. The pain and inflammation afterwards was worse than the PF. At least with the PF, the pain goes away as you walk on it. This lasted almost a week. It can last up to 10 days. I suggest you get the shot well before 10 days prior to your trip.

I recently had second injection in 1 foot- have been seeing a new Dr and he injects differently- use to have the freeze spray and all was good. now a small shot before the injection. Dr moves the needle around to inflamed areas. had this about 3 weeks ago- didn't work- now doing physical therapy. an waiting for a nerve stimulation to be approved. don't know what the next step is if that doesn't work.

UPDATE*****
I got my shot yesterday. He went in from the side of my foot. The shot was not painful. It felt like a flu shot. Almost immediately my PF started feeling better. My doc told me the first 24 hours will be when the shot spreads and takes hold.
I'm wearing my new Vionic flip flops today as my foot is feeling like it doesn't want to be restricted :) I SWEAR on these flip flops!!!!! I could wear these for a whole day at EPCOT!
So far, I'm glad I got the shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter