Costa Rica ?returning to La Paz Waterfall

JohnandAmy

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Costa Rica trip in late July. They have not been going to La Paz Waterfall area because of earthquake damage from a 1/09 earthquake. I read online that the facility reopened June 13th... does anyone know if Adventures by Disney has resumed that stop on the tour? Input from anyone who returns soon would be appreciated!

I just returned from the trip and they are not going to La Paz. The roads are way to bad to get there, but instead there is a coffee plantation tour the first day that is completely worth it! There is a waterfall that you can go to on your own in Fortuna by Arenal, so ask your guide if they can help arrange so you can visit there on one of your down afternoons.

We also recently returned from Costa Rica and had a phenomenal time. I understand from our guides that the coffee plantation is here to stay for awhile. They have not been told of any plans to return to the butterfly gardens. My family also enjoyed the coffee plantation.

HI, I just returned from Costa Rica at 3am! Had an amazing time! They are stilll not doing the LaPaz waterfalls because some of the roads were completely obliterated by the earthquake. The owners hope to have it up and running again but don't know when.There was only one road that was one way into the waterfall area. To get out you would have to go all the way around which would take approx. 2 hrs. by bus. The coffee plantation was well worth the trip. You will have a great time there as well.

I was looking at some new articles and I think that the damage from the earthquake will be preventing anyone from going to the waterfall place for a while. :(

I hope they have all of the damage repaired soon though. #1-Because I feel so sorry for the locals who live there. #2 - I want to go there, and I hope that I can sign up for the trip in 2010! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter