Costco Rental Car dropped prices!

Just throwing my two cents in (because that's all anyone's opinion is really worth), I would book the lowest car category you can live with and then wait for an upgrade option at the counter.

When we were at Aulani two years ago over President's Day, I managed to move from an intermediate to a convertable for about $10/day. I would imagine with the massive decrease in tourism due to the pandemic, car rental agencies in HI are probably desperate for business and it's likely you'd be able to move up from your reservation to what you really want, for much less than it would cost you to book it now.

Or I could be totally wrong...

Just throwing my two cents in (because that's all anyone's opinion is really worth), I would book the lowest car category you can live with and then wait for an upgrade option at the counter.

When we were at Aulani two years ago over President's Day, I managed to move from an intermediate to a convertable for about $10/day. I would imagine with the massive decrease in tourism due to the pandemic, car rental agencies in HI are probably desperate for business and it's likely you'd be able to move up from your reservation to what you really want, for much less than it would cost you to book it now.

Or I could be totally wrong...
I totally agree. We would like a Jeep (although I have heard Jeeps on the island scream "visitor/tourist"), but don't want to pay the high price. I will see what deal I can get on arrival.

I totally agree. We would like a Jeep (although I have heard Jeeps on the island scream "visitor/tourist"), but don't want to pay the high price. I will see what deal I can get on arrival.

My BIL and SIL live on the island and have jeeps. No need to worry. Heck only vehicles I recall seeing there are 4-Runners and Jeeps.

We had a car booked through Costco for our trip at the end of December - it was the best price I had found by far. I just went back online and saw that same car, same dates $450 cheaper! 9 day rental, convertible, for $540!
Does Costco rent cars everywhere? or just in Hawaii

Whatever vehicle you’re in, it’s highly recommended to not leave any valuables in it. Evidently the “smash and grab” is the main crime in Hawaii. I took a clear bag for sunscreen, maps, wipes, etc. to leave in the car, hoping it would be obviously not worth stealing. We had no issues but at least one DIS’er did have their rental broken into. Takes away valuable vacation time (and gives) waiting for police to come file a report. Just that word of warning for your consideration. (And also to say—we did rent Jeeps on three islands and loved them!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter