Costco Restaurant Gift Cards

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
Not sure if I should post this here or in the restaurant forum but here it goes. Has anyone successful used the McCormick & Schmidt's and Wolfgang Puck gift cards offered at Costco? I've read that the M&S card will work at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe, would like to hear people's experience. Also, if the Wolfgang Puck gift card will work at the express location. Costco sells the gift cards for $80 for a $100 value.

I successfully used the M&S gift cards I purchased at Costco at the Yak & Yeti in the Animal Kingdom. It is part of the Landry's chain, as are the T-Rex and Rainforest Café, so you should be okay.

Not sure if I should post this here or in the restaurant forum but here it goes. Has anyone successful used the McCormick & Schmidt's and Wolfgang Puck gift cards offered at Costco? I've read that the M&S card will work at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe, would like to hear people's experience. Also, if the Wolfgang Puck gift card will work at the express location. Costco sells the gift cards for $80 for a $100 value.

I've used the Wolfgang Puck cards at the Marketplace location in February and previously with no problem. Just the same as a Disney gift card - they ran it through the machine and handed it back.

I had also used a card at Wolfgang Puck Café. At the Café, the card was a little harder for the server to process and he had to get a manager to do some kind of over ride to do it. That was maybe 2 years ago, and I believe they were doing some kind of system change at the time. Still, enjoyed my 20% discount plus the bill was already discounted through DVC or whatever other discount I was able to use before I submitted the gift card. Great deal.

I have used the M&S cards from costco multiple times at t-rex, rainforest café and also at bubba gumps at universal city walk. They take them just as any other gift cards and they can be combined with any coupons or landry select club rewards you may have. We used them with our birthday reward this past April at t-rex :)

So just to confirm, you can use your DVC discount, and pay the discounted bill with the discounted McCormick and Schmick for approx. 30% off?

So just to confirm, you can use your DVC discount, and pay the discounted bill with the discounted McCormick and Schmick for approx. 30% off?
FWIW we were at T-Rex on 5/2. I used my AP discount. I just looked at the bill and it says 10% discount + my name. The discount was around $5. Our bill was over $100, before tax and tip. So I have no idea what the 10% discount was on!

I used 2 $50 Landry's GC purchased on raise without any problems. Rest was charged to a CC.

Also can't seem to find the Wolfgang puck gift cards at costco. Has anyone had success recently purchasing WGP gift cards at CC?

Also can't seem to find the Wolfgang puck gift cards at costco. Has anyone had success recently purchasing WGP gift cards at CC?

I bought a set of Wolfgang Puck gift cards in July 2015. I haven't seen them on the website recently.

I am wondering if anyone has recently used the McCormick and Schmick's gift cards at Yak & Yeti before I buy them. That would be a nice discount for the meal.

Last edited:
But them before you go, keep receipts and if they don't take them, Costco will let you return them I think.

FWIW we were at T-Rex on 5/2. I used my AP discount. I just looked at the bill and it says 10% discount + my name. The discount was around $5. Our bill was over $100, before tax and tip. So I have no idea what the 10% discount was on!

I used 2 $50 Landry's GC purchased on raise without any problems. Rest was charged to a CC.

I know this is from last year but the 10% is only applied towards entrees. So drinks, apps, and dessert don't get a discount :rolleyes2

I bought a set of Wolfgang Puck gift cards in July 2015. I haven't seen them on the website recently.

I am wondering if anyone has recently used the McCormick and Schmick's gift cards at Yak & Yeti before I buy them. That would be a nice discount for the meal.

We used ours at Yak and Yeti 5 weeks ago with no issues!

If you are Landry's Select members you don't earn points with Landry's gift cards. So we chose our AP 10% discount combined with the 20% we saved on the M&S cards. The discount is only available on entrees though.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I was just wondering if I could get an update on this again? Also, saw online that McCormick & Schmick's gift cards work exactly the same at Landry's locations and those are available at Costco. Any real life recent exchanges? The last review I saw was 2 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter