Costco: Universal Studios Hollywood 5 Day Pass for $59

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
Hello, just got back from a trip, wanted to share the current Costco offer for Universal Studios Hollywood. $59.00 for a 5 Day pass that is good for 1 year starting from the first day of use. It is available for anyone, you do not need to be a southern California resident. I believe only so Cal. Costcos carry this, and neighboring cities such as Bakersfield, but not sure about Fresno. I don't think this is available online.

Here's a picture I took of the display (from the week after Easter Sunday, April 2011), and they were purchased from:

900 South Harbor Boulevard
Fullerton CA 92832-3098
(714) 738-7521

USHDisplay.jpg

And this photo is from April 25th, 2011:

USHBoxofficeprices.jpg

What kind of blackout dates does the Costco pass have?

PHXscuba

What kind of blackout dates does the Costco pass have?

PHXscuba

Hi, good news looks like there are no black out dates :banana:. Here's a scan of the front and back of my ticket - I have blurred any sensitive information pirate: :

USH5Daypass.jpg

What you purchase from Costco must be taken to the Annual Pass center, so you can't go directly to the turnstile, must be exchanged first. Universal will ask for ID, your information is entered into their system and you will receive this pass in return.

It's good that they do this because if you were to loose your ticket they can look you up and replace it. There is a $10.00 replacement fee, I actually had to go do this because I could not find my card anywhere, it was used last in July of 2010 (we went to Costco on this recent trip to buy 2 more for our guests). The person who helped me was super nice and didn't charge the $10.00 fee :yay::love::yay: !!!!

Universal also does the bio-scan finger print thing. Hope this helps!

~Michelle

I just bought a 6 day DL pkg through Costco yesterday for our DL portion of the trip, and since we will only be going to Universal for one day, I'm not sure? Also, we plan on using some form of hired transportation to get there, Greyline, etc. since we don't plan on driving ourselves...I think Greyline has a $91 deal that includes the park ticket + transportation from hotel to park & back, or is there another option where we could just get the transportation and use the $59 deal?? That would mean we'd have to seek out a Costco down there since you say they are only available in So. Cal? We'll be in San Diego for 4 days before DL, I suppose we could look there...sounds more trouble than it's worth....I also saw somewhere else where you can get $58 tickets, I think it was on mousesavers?? Sounds like an awesome deal whichever way you look at it!!

Is this pass only valid on one person? Or can multiple people use it?

Well the ticket is the traditional one owner non-transferable ticket and they make it tough for people to share. The owner's name is printed on the ticket, and Universal has a bio-scan/fingerprint system at the turnstiles. I don't know how effective the scan is, when you watch it from the employees side the scan results on the screen seems too simple and cheapy, but if it does work and there's a mismatch or some sort of system flaw or glitch then they may ask for ID to verify the name on the pass.

What you purchase from Costco is to be exchanged at Universal's Annual Pass center that's located just outside the ticketbooths. Your name and address are entered into the system, the actual ticket with the person's first and last name is printed out and that's what you end up using. It's good that they register your info especially since the tickets are good for a year, very easy to misplace it and as long as your name is in their system it can be replaced.

I just bought a 6 day DL pkg through Costco yesterday for our DL portion of the trip, and since we will only be going to Universal for one day, I'm not sure? Also, we plan on using some form of hired transportation to get there, Greyline, etc. since we don't plan on driving ourselves...I think Greyline has a $91 deal that includes the park ticket + transportation from hotel to park & back, or is there another option where we could just get the transportation and use the $59 deal?? That would mean we'd have to seek out a Costco down there since you say they are only available in So. Cal? We'll be in San Diego for 4 days before DL, I suppose we could look there...sounds more trouble than it's worth....I also saw somewhere else where you can get $58 tickets, I think it was on mousesavers?? Sounds like an awesome deal whichever way you look at it!!

I'm not really sure about the transportation part, it might be best to start a post just for that question, and maybe ask on other message boards too just to get as much info as possible. $91 seems a little high but maybe it is a good deal, not really sure how much a taxi would cost. Do you know if your hotel offers transportation to Universal?

I didn't check all the offers but it does look like MouseSavers is showing a $59 deal from ArrowHead but I believe that's just for a single day where as Costco's $59 deal is for 5 days:

http://www.mousesavers.com/universalhollywood.html

Also, I don't know how long Costco plans to have this around, they usually have a great deal for Universal but when the 5 day is not in season then it will most likely be a two day deal.

I think San Diego Costco's will have this, you can try calling a few just to check.

Do you know about the Southern California City Pass? San Diego made me think of it but it's probably not right since you've already bought a package, here's the info:

http://www.citypass.com/southern-california

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter