Costumes for Halloween on the High Seas

esquared221

Mouseketeer
We booked our first ever Disney Cruise and I'm beyond excited!!!!

While my husband and I have been on 3 cruises on 3 different cruise lines before we've never brought our children (who will be 11 and 7 when we cruise). This will be their first ever cruise! We booked on the Disney Fantasy Oct 20th 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise and we're really excited about the HotHS activities. My question is, how crazy do people get with costumes. I've read that people go all out for this and others have said it's pretty low key. I'm planning for group themed costumes with ease of packing in mind but I don't want us to be the only family with elaborate costumes. We'll definitely be doing the trick or treating and probably the family friendly dance party (plus I will INSIST on the photo op with Jack Skellington and Sally). Help me manage my level of crazy costume planning!

Wow, how exciting!!
Let me tell you something, talking about formal nights, pirate night and halloween at seas, DCL fans go all the way. So don't be afraid to be as creative as you want with your costumes.
Enjoy your cruise

With 487 days until departure I'm sure I'll over-do it. We're gigantic WDW fans but have never cruised with DCL so we're all beyond excited!

With 487 days until departure I'm sure I'll over-do it. We're gigantic WDW fans but have never cruised with DCL so we're all beyond excited!

We go around the same time. Oct 19 2018 for the EB Panama Canal. It's also a Halloween sailing and also our first Disney Cruise experience. My two little ones have been dressing up for Halloween anyways in the past few years but wife and I will probably be dressed up in costumes for the first time since middle school. Can't pass up on the opportunity.

We were on the Magic last October and I really don't think you can go wrong, whatever level of costume planning you decide. There were lots of people who didn't dress up at all, lots who did without going to overboard and quite a few who really went all out. I think you'll find that there are enough people in each category that you won't feel out of place, no matter what you choose to do.

I say, go with whatever makes you happy! You will see it all. Of course, it didn't help that as our cruise was only a five nighter, they combined Halloween dress up night with the regular dress up night. Talk about seeing everything!

Right now the plan is to go as characters from The Haunted Mansion which is a family favorite. My Go-overboardness capabilities are limited by space in our luggage anyway but it's important that people "get it". I'm excited to be somewhere where people wont need a lot, if any explanation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!