Could Expedition Everest Challenge return?

rteetz

DIS Veteran
So I was listening to the Team Shenanigans podcast and they mentioned that runDisney might be bringing back the Expedition Everest Challenge now that Pandora is complete. They also said runDisney said ToT is definitely not coming back and Wine and Dine won’t be going back to night.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are looking into bringing this one race challenge back as another revenue stream with Disneyland gone.

It was a lot of fun, but such a small race field compared to their other weekends it isn't nearly as profitable. It didn't have the large expo at all, so that cuts back on volunteers/space needed but also cuts back on vendor booth money. It required a ton of volunteers to check our clues at all the stations. The obstacles require extra setup/tear down as well, but I wonder if there's a different insurance type thing for those as well since now I'm crawling on the ground under a net? I did like it at night (even though I hate running at night) with the after party right away.
Would I plan another trip towards it forgoing a longer race distance weekend? not sure as I haven't hit that lottery yet ;)

I had to look this up being new to runDisney. This looks like so much fun and I hope they bring it back.

I was excited to hear they may be bringing EE Challenge back as I never had a chance to "run" it. But...I am completely crushed to hear ToT will not return (it is my favorite WDW attraction and I never had a chance to run it either) and I'm devastated to hear Wine & Dine will not return to a night race! I was planning on returning to W&D for the 10th anniversary and was really hoping it would return to being a night race by then. It is so sad that this race that meant so much to me is gone forever...

I hope so. I've always wanted to run this and TOT 10-miler. The only thing I might change to an EE weekend is to have a half added in somewhere (but no challenge) may do the family version 5k in the morning on Saturday, a half Sunday morning the EE Race Sunday afternoon/evening.

Man it's really bumming me out TOT will not return. I wanted to run this as TOT is one of my top 5 rides!

If they brought back the Everest Challenge, DH would rob a bank if he had to to get us there. This was the race we wanted to do most, but they stopped just before we were ready to commit.

If they brought it back, I'd be doing it again. Did it twice and had a bunch of fun both times. With AK being open later now I don't really think its a viable option as they'd likely have to close AK early to setup the race.

So I was listening to the Team Shenanigans podcast and they mentioned that runDisney might be bringing back the Expedition Everest Challenge now that Pandora is complete. They also said runDisney said ToT is definitely not coming back and Wine and Dine won’t be going back to night.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are looking into bringing this one race challenge back as another revenue stream with Disneyland gone.

ToT or some kind of villian/halloween race is what I'd love to see come back but guess that just isnt' in the cards.

I would be all for the EE Challenge returning!! It stopped right before I moved here so I was bummed. The TOT sounds fun. I agree a "villain" type race around Halloween would be so cool, but with parties & F&W there is so much going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!