Countdown to Healthy Wedded Bliss: 28 Weeks (CW)

UConnFan

Mouseketeer
Hi Wish Board!

I'm new to this board, but I'm ready to jump in head first! I would love support :goodvibes

I'm K, a 22 (23 on Friday!) year old graduate student and I'm getting married in 28 weeks :scared1:. I can't believe it's so soon! I have so much work to do before then. I have a BS in Special Ed and in May, I'll have my MA in Special Ed as well. Oh, did I forget to mention I'm graduating less than a week before I get married? Yah. About that.

I can't wait to marry my FI. He's the best man I've ever known and I'm so excited to start our lives together. I just don't want to hate all of my wedding photos. My ultimate goal is to lose 30 lbs, but I want to lose another 15 and then reassess where I am.

I've been on WW since May and I've done pretty well on it, when I'm being good. I really believe WW works and that it's a real-world program. I was going to meetings, but I've decided I want to save some money and time and just do online. I'm not motivated by the meetings any more and I'm honestly embarrassed to go when I've had a bad week. I do need accountability, though, so that's where this journal comes into play. My goal is to post here every day so that I have something to be accountable to. I find that I cheat more when I'm only accountable once a week.

I ran my first half marathon last fall and LOVED it :cool1:. I was spectacularly slow, but I finished, and that's all I care about. I just started officially training for a half in February. I'm so excited to train for something again! February is perfect, too, because that's when I have my first dress fitting. (Plus, it'll get me through Christmas!)

So here's the plan - check in once a day on these items:
Weekly Points Used: /49
Water: /4 hyroflasks
Fruit & Veggies: /5
Excercise:

Any suggestions? I'm excited! It's nice to have something new to charge up my motivation :banana:

Wow! You sure have a lot going on! The best advice I can give you is to have realistic expectations...and don't base your happiness on the scale! You can do this!

Woo hoo! Today was an good day :cool1: I didn't even eat any Halloween candy :)

Points: 18/26 <-- I need to eat something more. I never have this problem. I'm full too!
Weekly Points Used: 0/49
Water: 1/4 hyroflasks (oops)
Fruit & Veggies: 5/5
Exercise: I went for an extra run today outside of my normal training. It was an excellent run. I felt strong and I could have kept going. :yay:

I'm excited that I had a pretty good day.

Wow! You sure have a lot going on! The best advice I can give you is to have realistic expectations...and don't base your happiness on the scale! You can do this!

That is so important. I started this whole thing wanting to lose 45 lbs and I focused too much on the long haul. It's much easier to take it in baby steps.

I had a bad day today, but I did pretty well on WW, considering the major suckage. I did use the suckage as an excuse to eat something I shouldn't have, but it did fit within my daily points, so that's okay I suppose. I do really need to be better about not emotionally eating. I'm proud that I came home and ran today instead of pigging out, though. A couple of months ago, that would never have happened (or I would have used running as an excuse to eat more, too).

Points 26/26
Weekly Points Used: 0/49
Water: 3/4 hydroflasks
Fruit & Veggies: 5/5
Exercise: 35 min run! Another great run. :cool1: It was an excellent stress reliever, too!

I'm so happy that my runs are feeling natural and easy. I do not miss those days of hating ever step. I can even run without walk breaks (although I take them to prevent injury).

I'm going to use this space for thirty dates of gratitude, also, since I don't think fb is appropriate for me.

Nov. 1: Despite the challenges, I am so thankful for my education, for the experience base I will have in the classroom when I'm done in May, and (mostly), that I will be done six months from now. I'm grateful that this will all lead to a secure job that pays decently and that I love. I am also thankful that in another six months, I will be done with formal homework forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter