Countdown To Spring!

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
With Spring officially starting in less then two weeks, I thought it might be nice to list some of our favourite Spring things! :)

I'll start with something fairly obvious, getting rid of the snow!!!! I'm looking forward to going to the mall without getting hoarse from yelling MUSH to the dog team! ;) :)

musher2.jpg

Next? :)

I want my pussywillows to bloom!

I want my backyard to stop looking like Pigpen's home!

Seeing my crocus's,daffodills,tulips etc. finally break ground!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc ;)

The smell...earthy...love to open my windows and let that smell in.

Daffodils....so bright and cheerful.

Opening the windows for fresh air.....Going out in the yard to see who's poking thru the dirt.....WARMTH!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

To put away my DARNED BOOTS!!!!

BTW - I noticed prior to coming here that the Flower and Garden Board has EXACTLY 1,000 posts!!! Isn't that grand!!??!?!!!

:bounce: :) :Pinkbounc :bounce: :cool: :p :Pinkbounc

<center><font size=6>Peepers</font>

I know spring cannot be far once I hear this sound. I love the sounds of nature and this is one of my favorites.

Opening the windows to let in a warm Spring breeze is wonderful! :)

I look forward to DH hauling out and cleaning off the patio furniture, so I can relax on it!! ;) :)

Tulirose, yes, I think it's GRAND!! :) I was hoping we would reach that milestone before the 1st Anniversary of the F & G, which I believe is approx. April 9th. We did it!!! :) :bounce: :)

Another Spring treat to look forward too. :)

Collecting the sap in the sugar bush,
collectingthesap.jpg

to make delicious, Maple Syrup! :)
maplesyrupcan.jpg

Yummy! :)

A special sound in spring for me has got to be Robins singing in the morning!:sunny: And, yes letting the warm breezes and bright morning sunshine stream through my kitchen windows.

Congratulations Snowwark!:bounce: :Pinkbounc
I didn't doubt you for a minute!:bounce: :Pinkbounc ;)

Grass... I really miss walking in the grass.:D

The pink delicate blossoms on my weeping cherry tree. I can't wait!!
This morning DH and I woke up to birds singing. It was SO nice!
Spring is very very near!

KIM!!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!!!!:p :p :p :p :p

Now that it's almost spring? I think we skipped spring and went straight to summer.

Let's see - I love how all the amaryllis in our neighborhood have shot up in the last week or so. Many are blooming and it is quite a site to behold.

I love how green our grass is. It always looks so full and lush and green in the spring. Let's hope that lasts through the summer! ;)

I love the smell of all the orange blossoms. March is my new favorite month. You can smell them everywhere. It is such a treat to ride around with the windows open in the car, especially when you pass by an orange grove.

I love all the dragonflies that live in our back yard. They are beautiful shades of metallic green and they zip around like crazy.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY love the brown thrasher

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i7050id.html

who comes to visit me in the morning and the evening. I thought for ages that the song I heard was coming from a mockingbird until I caught site of this guy through my binoculars. He's got a MARVELOUS voice and puts the mockinbird to shame. :)

Maybe someday I'll get to experience the fragrance of orange blossoms, they sound wonderful! :) Maybe the song of the Brown Thrasher too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter