Counter Service at MGM

tigger&tigerlover

Mouseketeer
What's a good counter service restaurant at MGM for lunch? I'm not sure how long we'll be at MGM, so a quick lunch sounds like a good plan.

Thanks!

I personally do not think that MGM's strong point is good counter service. I would definitely stay clear of the ABC Commissary. For pizza type fare try Toy Story Pizza Planet, for burgers I like the Backlot Express best.

I agree with Disney845. MGM really needs some good counter service places. It's like they spent all of thier money making great sit down places and forgot about the counter service! Back Lot is great for burgers and you have the choice of sitting indoors or outdoors. Pizza Planet is cool, and the pizza/salad deals are pretty good, it's just that finding a seat can be a pain sometimes. They need more seating.

Do try the Starring Rolls bakery for a snack. They have the yummiest things for a pick me up!

We enjoy the cheese pizza/salad combo at Pizza Planet. We always get a table outside & people-watch. They have good hot dogs at Toluca Legs Turkey Co. Used to really like the baked potatos there, but they don't serve them any more.

I have to agree that for some reason Disney seems to have major problems with good counter service places in MGM. Two that I have found that are ok are Pizza Planet and Starring Roles.

Rats! was planning on Teluco Legs and Baked Potato for famtasmic carry in . back to the drawing board.....

I use to always go to ABC Commisary and it was pretty good. I haven't been there for about a year though so the food may not bee that good anymore. Pizza Planet was OK, as is Rosie's on Sunset Boulevard (it's outside, though, so it can get hot).

We usually grab counter service before going into Fantasmic -- that way we get good seats, eat our dinner (we would do a sit down lunch at the Brown Derby) and people watch. We usually grab something in the Farmer's Market area. I usually get a baked potato and a salad. You can get burgered out at Disney counter service so this is a nice change. In the same area they do have stands that sell pizza, hot dogs, burgers, fries, ice cream, etc.

good , the farmers market has replaced the turkey leg place. thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter