Couple getaway trip planned for mid-December

bigmochick

Mouseketeer
I always wanted to experience Disney during the holidays. My non-Disney fan DH is taking me on a 3 night/4 day long weekend trip to WDW for my Christmas present. The first two days we're there, there will be back to back MVMCP. I'm on the fence which day to pick, the arrival day (we get in super early), our second day, or both. I'm seriously considering both because I just took my DD to MNSCHP in October and felt like I only got to half the things I wanted to see/do. If I choose either of the last two options, we wouldn't be staying out past midnight. We have a 7:40 AM Candlelight Processional ressie (the only one I could find for that date) on the third day. Trying not to over schedule because I'd like for DH to come back but I also want to see/do as much as I can just in case he doesn't want to. What are some of the must see/do things during the holiday season?

First, keep looking for a better reservation for the Candlelight Processional dinner package. Now, if you want to have breakfast then it's okay; you'll be one of the first people to be in the Epcot park. If you're doing a party the night before I wouldn't want to get up that early the next day.

There are plenty of websites describing the Christmas activities at each park. Animal Kingdom is even doing more this year. We enjoy the Epcot storytellers around World Showcase.

I especially like going to the Grand Floridian to see the ginger bread house and listen to the orchestra in the lobby for the Christmas music.

A great free activity is to go around to the deluxe resorts to see their gingerbread displays. They are incredible works of art and worth the visit! Since you're going to both MK and Epcot, you could easily do a little mid-day break for a monorail crawl to CR, Poly & GF or walk via International Gateway to the Yacht and Beach club resorts. While you're at Epcot try food from the Festival of the Holidays booths and listen to all the storytellers. I agree with Bete, try and see if you can get a better ADR for that Candlelight Processional package. People cancel all the time so you never know! Good luck!

I'll be in Disney in 2 weeks for a couple's trip too.... having a busy late night immediately followed by an early morning would definitely make me and my bf cranky and put a little damper on the romance, lol. Sounds like you'd also prefer a more relaxed pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!