Coupon Train ~~ New Riders Welcome!

I am interested in couponing and first visit to Walt Disney World. Need to budget Any help advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here are a few tips but I hope others will give theirs too.

1) Shop the store ads. Plan meals around what's on sale that week. Don't impulse buy, not have a meal plan so you get stuck buying take out or going out, or buying what's not on sale thus overspending.

2) Stock up when the price is right which means you have to know your prices. Use coupons if you would've bought the items anyway. Don't buy something just because you have a coupon for it.

3) Try to put aside some Disney vacation money from each paycheck. Even if it's a small amount, try to save something each and every week. Watch your vacation fund grow as the weeks go by.

OK, who's next? Who else can give AngelaDeeDee some tips?

Will be mailing to you tomorrow, Natashag76. I sent two weeks' worth last week (and hope you'll get those tomorrow) so just sending new ones from the inserts in today's paper.

Rec'd two small envies from Natashag76 one on Monday for w/e: 3/25, and another on Saturday for w/e: 4/1.

I have a HUGE envie going to NYCDiane today!! Lots of inserts this week times 2... (my mom gave me her's as well!!) Enjoy!!

Alyssa --- I just dropped another envie to you today. I know you're on vacay so you'll have 2 nice envies waiting for You when you get home! :flower:

I got the first envie today! I will try to get to the post office before we leave Ibleedblue!
Here are a few tips but I hope others will give theirs too.

1) Shop the store ads. Plan meals around what's on sale that week. Don't impulse buy, not have a meal plan so you get stuck buying take out or going out, or buying what's not on sale thus overspending.

2) Stock up when the price is right which means you have to know your prices. Use coupons if you would've bought the items anyway. Don't buy something just because you have a coupon for it.

3) Try to put aside some Disney vacation money from each paycheck. Even if it's a small amount, try to save something each and every week. Watch your vacation fund grow as the weeks go by.

OK, who's next? Who else can give AngelaDeeDee some tips?
Regarding saving for Disney trips:
When we first started going to WDW we used to each put $10 into a savings account each week now we just use a jar because we weren't earning much interest, and now that there are 3 of us, we bumped it up to $25 every other week. We also use Disney gift cards to pay for most everything that we do on our Disney trips. We buy our gift cards at Target with the Target Red Card to get 5% off. I also use credit cards that offer some kind of reward (miles, cashback, Disney rewards) for everything I buy- the trick to this however, is that you need to be able to pay off the balance in whole each month otherwise the interest cancels out any rewards. All that cashback goes into the vacation fund. I also look for discount Disney gift cards where I can; BJs Wholesale sells discounted cards, and recently had a credit card where I got a bonus 5% cashback at wholesale places. I paid $96 for a $100 gift card, and then got an additional $4.79 in cash back on my credit card, so it was like I only paid 91.50 for $100. Where we live we also get a deposit back on cans and bottles, and all that money goes into the fund.
As far as grocery savings, I have a few different stores near me so I go through the circulars for the best deals, and where I have coupons and shop there. Like DJ said, it's important to know your prices because sometimes sale prices at one market can still be more than regular prices at another store. I too stock up when something I use is on sale and I have coupons, you just need to be careful with stuff that expires (or expires quickly).

Mailed to dznybound on Monday and received from eyor44 today.

DVCLaurie --- Biggie received. Thank you!

Alyssa ---- I have a chunky that will go out to you tomorrow. Hopefully, my friend will drop some inserts and I'll have another one to go out later in the week. Enjoy your vacation!

Since we had blizzard conditions hit here yesterday and more snowfall was predicted for today, I wondered if our guy that delivers the newspaper would make it through but he did. I've got your envie ready to mail in the morning, Natashag76.

Eyor44 mailing an envie tomorrow!
Hulagirl87 got my envie yesterday. No clue why it takes so long to get to me.

Eyor44 mailing an envie tomorrow!
Hulagirl87 got my envie yesterday. No clue why it takes so long to get to me.

that's weird! I send it on Monday and would think that it would get there by Thursday, or Friday at the lastest!

Mailed out to you yesterday, but just getting on here today to post. Hope it gets there quicker this week!!!

DVCLaurie05, I'm behind schedule this week! My mom was admitted to the hospital yesterday before I got the chance to finish sorting go to the mailbox and everything has been chaos since. I'm trying to get everything organized and on its way.

Natasha, if you need some time off until things settle down, just let me know. We can do a temporary rerouting. Hope your mom is doing better today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter