Cousin, eat until you sleep! Mom/Dtr. Trip, 2/17-2/24/18.*NEW TR Link* 5/1*

Okay...something is puzzling me. If y'all are from Minnesota and it's still winter there, why do they need sweatshirts? :lmao: I remember when I was stationed at Homestead I'd see people at Miami beach IN THE WATER in February.
We usually are the ones in the pool at 65 degrees lol! It must have been cooler later at night because as you know the weather was beautiful that week! It is only about 22 degrees here right now and with the wind it probably feels like single digits! Yuck, middle of April, I have had enough!! I will be staying indoors today.

By the way, it is still winter here in Minnesota
Here in NY too :sad2: This is getting ridiculous!

04134494-76b9-4c62-b5a8-19d790d90f73-jpeg.316228
Love this spot! I always mean to wander over there and take a picture but never do :headache:

Disney has the best smells in the world.
YES!!! 100% agree ::yes:: Right down to that lovely Disney water... :cloud9:

Such a nice simple ride, I don’t know anyone on these boards that doesn’t love the PM. If you are out there shame on you! Ha,Ha!
I agree! It's pure heaven.

Yes, I thought I would blow a kiss to that ornery Dinosaur :lovestruc
:thumbsup2

Food at Yak and Yeti:yay: was so good, you have to try it for sure!
I may try to get a last minute ADR on one of my AK days next month :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Here in NY too :sad2: This is getting ridiculous!

Love this spot! I always mean to wander over there and take a picture but never do :headache:

YES!!! 100% agree ::yes:: Right down to that lovely Disney water... :cloud9:

I agree! It's pure heaven.

:thumbsup2

I may try to get a last minute ADR on one of my AK days next month :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Ugh our weather stinks, today it is like Christmas, 4 inches of new snow.
I hope you get a chance to try Yak and Yeti!
We love the People Mover! Great ride!
I hope our weather at WDW is good, we leave in just 9 days:cool1:

I am going to keep going with my updating, since we leave for WDW in just 9 days! Yay, so excited for another trip, especially because winter won’t leave us here.

Day 6, Part 1.."...............................DHS and lunch on the savanna!

Today would have been our USO day except we scratched that plan in favor of going there in April, the crowd calendar looked way better for 4/25. So off to DHS this morning, we arrived around 8:30am, we were let in fairly quickly and held by Starbucks. We were allowed to start moving at 8:50 yay! Our plan was TSMM along with thousands of our closest friends:rotfl:The line for Toy story was busy, we did keep moving though and we’re on the ride before you know it. I sure hope Mr. Potato Head comes back in the new land. I miss him. We got slinky dog vehicle! Enjoyed our one ride this trip.:bounce: Unless luck is on our side we won’t be able to ride this in April, no FP available and we are spending a very limited time at DHS.
95ED3012-7811-4727-8D2A-390A8348B678.jpeg BE2EBBFB-C9DC-4A78-B12D-1601AB813500.jpeg

We decided to head over to ToT, our FP for today was at MK, so we wanted to ride before a long wait. We arrived and the wait time said 20 minutes but this was basically a walk on. Yay!
AB344F5A-F24A-477A-BE34-FFCD822D751D.jpeg
We had decided to go to the right in the boiler room and unfortunately one of the elevators was out of commission. We saw the trusty custodial CM coming to do some vomit clean-up in this elevator :sick: I guess it was to early in the morning for someone on this ride. We did have short wait for the other elevator but once we were on it was a great drop sequence so a fun ride!
F99B74E5-00C7-4B88-81A8-7F5882797031.jpeg
There are few kids looking a little shook! This word shook is coming out of Andi’s mouth all the time, ugh! Must be a new teen word. I don’t even know if I spelled it right, just trying to fit in lol!

It was time for a stop at Sweet spells to get a carrot cake cookie for myself and a chocolate covered pineapple for Andi. We sat in the outside area of the old Starring Rolls. I wonder why Disney hasn’t removed the signs for this. I saw so many people trying to go in for breakfast.:confused3 The cookie was delicious and Andi loved the pineapple. She described it as soft, sweet and delicious. I did share a little of my cookie with her. We couldn’t eat it all and we knew the cookie would not travel well so we tossed the rest.
C21AF216-7BCE-47D9-B076-3999A86EE84C.jpeg D028B5E7-2202-4A72-AC55-6E47DEAF8196.jpeg
We went over to check out ST ride, the wait time was 15 minutes so we got in line. I would say the time was pretty spot on, we did wait about 15-20 minutes. I took my usual picture of C3PO and R2 to send to my son Jack and his usual one word text of cool came back to me, man of few words! I am so glad we rode today because we had the Last Jedi sequence when the snow is red underneath, I loved this!
EDEBB0D5-EB77-4A61-9303-F7FDF8A71B93.jpeg AE5108BD-CAEA-4013-A5AA-EAAA5E235DAD.jpeg
When we left the SW gift shop, we saw a pp in a new spot for us so we got a few pictures done. I don’t think you are suppose to smile when you are doing the Darth Vader choke move, oh well!
595ABE26-F250-4220-9E16-270CB799D9B7.jpeg 33286DD9-E12D-49F2-ACA8-3AA34496D6F2.jpeg
We had to go see the Muppets 3D next. This was a walk on, Andi checked under the welcome mat and of course the key was there. This is just one of many things I have learned from the Dis boards! We never tire from this show even though it is looking a little worn and outdated. The toy soldiers are so lame looking, but we love it.:love:

Cont. in the next post, more DHS and lunch on the savanna

Cont from last post.............

We decided to go into Launch Bay to do the Visa meet and greet. I always keep hoping it will be with Darth Vader but no Kylo REN again. Yikes he is scary, very tall and leans over you to intimidate you to join th dark side!! No Kylo I am true to the rebels, not you. Andi is torn, she looks to like the dark side.
184FCBCB-B005-4C40-B3FF-FC15F64A8E6F.jpeg 8E7A7CBC-0ABB-46B2-AC81-91BBD87E42B8.jpeg
Again I am just to happy to convince anyone I am on the dark side:teleport:
We looked around in the area then headed towards the front of the park. We love the shops at DHS, we usually find different shirts and things here so we went in all the shops looking around. Andi did find a cute sweatshirt with the new 2018 theme on it. I will point it out in Part 2, the girl had it on when it was 80 degrees, I guess she really liked it.

We slowly made our way out of the park it was around 11:30, we had a lunch date with some animals at 12:50 at Sanaa!
We found a pp in a spot at the outside of the park so we had some pictures done here.
31D033F6-2A2C-40B2-86D3-763D4F7C6CAB.jpeg 23AEA7F5-7D3C-4CE4-AE99-7F9E4C539231.jpeg

We walked to the AKL bus stop and soon we were heading to Kidani Village, we stayed here in 2010. This was a trip in July, my husband and son were there. My husband loved it here, he loves coffee and would go down and fill his mug all the time. This was the boys last trip to WDW. Sanaa was not open at that time. There was not any dining options at that time except the gift shop for snacks.

We spent some time looking at the grounds and the beautiful lobby. We were early for our lunch reservation but they were able to seat us early yay! We did not have a window seat this time, we were more in the back area by the bar. I could still see outside and there were some giraffes and zebras.
87950713-879E-49E8-9849-39104D73E8FB.jpeg B57B27C1-7E0F-49EE-B2F7-6CFB478474A6.jpeg

We decided to share the bread service with all 9 dipping sauces and the Tandoori chicken sandwich. The bread service was so good. The bread tasted even better this time around. I really enjoy all the sauces except the really spicy ones. Andi loves the really spicy ones so it works out well. The open faced chicken sandwich was so good. The arugula and pickled onion on top was such a compliment to the wood fire chicken and the sauce was so delicious. This place is such a wonderful place to relax with awesome food. We had a very nice waitress and things were timed just right. Definitely two thumbs up for this meal. We ate almost everything except for a very small amount of bread and sauce.
C32222C5-733E-4383-8AF3-080627E48858.jpeg E6E9CEED-A72C-4061-9A43-F21DAE349DF5.jpeg 46D440D8-B2B8-4549-BE22-64B92649E766.jpeg E9F5EB09-996D-4DBC-8CD1-D1BB08FBDA2D.jpeg

Carb loaded and quite content we headed out to catch a MK bus. This is when we started to see some runners arriving for the Princess 1/2 marathon!

Stay tuned for Day 6 Part 2, the day all the mountains were down in MK!

Very productive morning in HS, especially without any FP+!

We love Sanaa too! We eat there in one week! Those sauces are super yum! We love the red sambel one and the coriander one. We usually just pick 3 for the two of us.

Just catching up on your last few posts. I can't believe you are headed to the world in just a few more days (insert jealousy here)!!!!!

Looks like you all had a great couple of days in AK, MK and MGM and more importantly great food! Sanaa never disappoints and your sandwich looks awesome. We'll have to work a lunch in to try that sometime.

Coming in very late to the party (computer issues over the last 2 months but it's finally fixed) and am all caught up! Your February adventures look amazing and BLT sounds like a wonderful place to stay. I can't believe you are going back so soon, lucky you! Any chance you two will be there in August again? I am taking my niece from August 21-28 and am counting the days!

Looking forward to reading more!

I hope our weather at WDW is good, we leave in just 9 days:cool1:
Yay!!!

This word shook is coming out of Andi’s mouth all the time, ugh! Must be a new teen word. I don’t even know if I spelled it right, just trying to fit in lol!
:rotfl: Well you're ahead of me... I don't even think I've heard of this new one :laughing: Guess I'd better start incorporating it into my lingo :laughing:

I am so glad we rode today because we had the Last Jedi sequence when the snow is red underneath, I loved this!
Fun! I really want to ride this but I always chicken out because of my motion sickness. On my August trip, I had lots of success with my scopolamine patches so we'll see if I get brave this trip :rolleyes:

This was a walk on, Andi checked under the welcome mat and of course the key was there.
Yes! I do this every single time too :thumbsup2

Sounds like a lovely lunch! I've never been to Sanaa but would really like to someday.

What a great morning at DHS! It's great that you were able to ride everything you wanted with minimal waits!

Lots of cute PP pics too!

Your lunch looks delicious! I would like to try Sanaa one day! AKL is such a beautiful resort!

Very productive morning in HS, especially without any FP+!

We love Sanaa too! We eat there in one week! Those sauces are super yum! We love the red sambel one and the coriander one. We usually just pick 3 for the two of us.
Thank you, we did hit our favorites at DHS
Love Sanaa, we will also be in Disney next week, our dates are 4/24 to 4/29, what are yours?
Those dipping sauces are so delicious with the bread service.

Just catching up on your last few posts. I can't believe you are headed to the world in just a few more days (insert jealousy here)!!!!!

Looks like you all had a great couple of days in AK, MK and MGM and more importantly great food! Sanaa never disappoints and your sandwich looks awesome. We'll have to work a lunch in to try that sometime.
I’m so excited to get one more trip in with our AP’s
Thanks to your reviews we tried Sanaa and have been twice now and it is so wonderful. The Tandoori chicken open faced sandwich was so good, worth trying!

Coming in very late to the party (computer issues over the last 2 months but it's finally fixed) and am all caught up! Your February adventures look amazing and BLT sounds like a wonderful place to stay. I can't believe you are going back so soon, lucky you! Any chance you two will be there in August again? I am taking my niece from August 21-28 and am counting the days!

Looking forward to reading more!
Hi, nice to hear from you! Thanks for joining in, BLT was so nice.
Our April trip is the last one for this year, I will really miss an August trip this year. It will be the first August in awhile we won’t be there. Andi has to get ready for college and moves in that last week of August.
How fun for you and your niece, I would have loved another Dis meet.
I hope you write a TR.

Yay!!!

:rotfl: Well you're ahead of me... I don't even think I've heard of this new one :laughing: Guess I'd better start incorporating it into my lingo :laughing:

Fun! I really want to ride this but I always chicken out because of my motion sickness. On my August trip, I had lots of success with my scopolamine patches so we'll see if I get brave this trip :rolleyes:

Yes! I do this every single time too :thumbsup2

Sounds like a lovely lunch! I've never been to Sanaa but would really like to someday.
Those teens have a new word every week:rotfl:
I know many have motion sickness with ST, I have been luck and it doesn’t bother me. It did sound like your patches helped last time:cheer2:
Sanaa is so worth a trip over to Kidani.

What a great morning at DHS! It's great that you were able to ride everything you wanted with minimal waits!

Lots of cute PP pics too!

Your lunch looks delicious! I would like to try Sanaa one day! AKL is such a beautiful resort!
Thank you, we had a fun morning and wonderful lunch. I think you should put Sanaa on your to do list!

Day 6 Part 2...............The day all the mountains are down at MK. Yikes!

After our wonderful lunch, we were heading back to MK. Andi decided to meet up with her friend in MK. They wanted to watch FoF parade. I decided to go back to BLT for awhile and meet up with Andi around 5pm for our first FP+.

Andi had a fun afternoon with P. They got some pictures around MK.
C2CB8B22-DFE5-4DB0-854B-391612EC5F32.jpeg 46D39D22-234C-4DAF-9154-FA7CF692AD8D.jpeg DE7BB283-224B-4230-8852-6394B4D39D79.jpeg 9B1979D8-2FCF-46CC-A2D2-11898F24B7A5.jpeg

Andi is wearing her new sweatshirt, it was quite warm out so she really didn’t need it on, she must have really liked it, lol! Andi’s friend and her mom did not get to do 2 of the 3 FP+ because of rides being down.
This was a bad day at MK, a good part of the day Splash, BTMRR, and 7DMT were down at the same time. How frustrating for people having just that day in MK and unable to ride 3 of the main attractions. I arrived at MK around 5pm and we went to Jungle Cruise for our first FP. The place was packed. The wait was about 20 minutes. People were frustrated and the atmosphere in MK was a downer this evening! We had a fair skipper, not the best, and we had to sit in the middle section. I dislike that spot so not the best JC ride. Take a look at the FP line when we left, it was all the way past the spitting camel! Yikes!
AE84A960-8241-4DC2-9C23-90462C025F87.jpeg

We moved on to Liberty Square to use our HM FP, this was a little better than the JC area, however still very crowded with grumbling people. I think all the working attractions were just flooded with people since 3 of the main mountains were still down. We had a fun ride with the grinning ghosts and at the exit area there was pp magic shot, so we did this.
We recognized the photographer and she did us as well so cool. She was so nice.
DB114D39-B0EE-4725-B22A-2C540AA31CBB.jpeg 36F3F32E-48ED-4FA4-8518-1044501C8B14.jpeg

We decided to make our way through FL, wow it was crowded! We headed to TL to ride the PM. I noticed the line for Space Mtn. Was all the way to the Astro Orbiter and this was the FP line. I told Andi, wow, poor Space is having to handle all the crowds since the other Mtn. Rides were down. We got on PM and wouldn’t you know it, we get inside Space and it is down now as well. All the lights were on. I think Andi got a picture but I don’t have it on my IPad. So, at this time Space, Splash, 7DMT, and BTMRR were not working! We enjoyed PM but I know many people around the park were not having fun! I did see many posts on the Dis regarding this day.

We decided to get a pretzel and frozen lemonade and do a little people watching! I think around this time 7DMT was back up running. We headed over towards BTMRR since this was our last FP, however we knew it wasn’t running. We did go in and watch the Tiki birds. This is always a nice retreat from the mobs of people. I checked MDE and saw we got an anytime FP.

We decided to use this on Tinkerbell meet in the front of the park and head out after that. This was a good choice, we got in fairly quickly. Tink was being very sassy. She wanted us to not like Wendy! I agreed even though I really like Wendy:hyper:
D7BF3818-1E72-4298-B921-6BA7CCBF797A.jpeg 8D540DD5-B8A2-4B0F-AA37-3791661CA57E.jpeg 9B58354E-957F-4F50-964E-422CE09C44A0.jpeg

We decided to head out of the mad house known as MK tonight! We headed back to BLT and enjoyed the fireworks on our balcony. No crowds there, yippee! We were tired and ready for some relaxing with some good old 90’s sitcoms.

So, I read on here, Splash and BTMRR stayed down nearly all day. Our friends had FP for both of those and never did ride those that day.

Day 6 in the books!
Food totals
Sweet Spells= $10.05
Sanaa= $42.35
Cheshire Cafe = $10.63
Popcorn cart = $6.00
Big Top = $5.11
Total = 74.14.
Stay tuned for Day 7, our last full day!

Andi and her friend are too adorable!

Wow, sounds like a crazy night at MK! Can't believe 3 (and then eventually 4) of the major rides were down!

Love the HM pictures! And the pics with Tinkerbell!

Sounds like a great end to the night watching the fireworks from your balcony again!

This was a bad day at MK, a good part of the day Splash, BTMRR, and 7DMT were down at the same time. How frustrating for people having just that day in MK and unable to ride 3 of the main attractions.
I feel so badly for people who are there for their "once in a lifetime" trip and experience this type of thing. It's bad enough for people like us who are fortunate enough to go often. I know there's nothing Disney can really do sometimes, these things happen, but it still stinks!

We recognized the photographer and she did us as well so cool. She was so nice.
Fun!

We got on PM and wouldn’t you know it, we get inside Space and it is down now as well.
Not a good night at MK for rides, yikes.

We headed back to BLT and enjoyed the fireworks on our balcony.
This must have been such a treat :goodvibes

We were tired and ready for some relaxing with some good old 90’s sitcoms.
90s sitcoms... :cloud9:

Andi and her friend are too adorable!

Wow, sounds like a crazy night at MK! Can't believe 3 (and then eventually 4) of the major rides were down!

Love the HM pictures! And the pics with Tinkerbell!

Sounds like a great end to the night watching the fireworks from your balcony again!
Thank you, they got some cute shots
That evening was bad for ride breakdowns ugh!
I was glad to get a few magic shots at HM and Tinkerbell was sassy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter