COVID positive

quiltmama

Earning My Ears
UGH, I tested positive for COVID yesterday (Saturday) and have reservations for the Yacht Club for this Thursday. If I test negative on Tuesday and again Thursday morning, the CDC says I'm good to go (as long as I mask up everywhere). But, I feel like death-warmed-over today, and despite taking Paxlovid since yesterday, am not sure if I'll have the stamina for a two-day EPCOT visit. Does anyone know if Disney has a COVID cancellation policy still for its resorts? How much in advance should I cancel if I need to? So sad...

Please cancel. You are not going to be up for trekking around theme parks by next week.

Besides, those guidelines are meant to get people back to work. They are not really meant for symptomatic people. You will likely be very fatigued for a few weeks to come, even after your initial symptoms go away.

Disney should help you rearrange your dates to sometime in the future at no cost to you. Call them today. Don't wait.

Aw! Hopefully to Paxlovid kicks in and you feel better soon!

I know it’s very disappointing, but you really want to feel 100% to enjoy Disney to the fullest. It’s not worth spending all that money to go and be exhausted the whole time. I’m certain Disney will work with you if you call and explain.

FWIW I had a light case of Covid in late July and it took at least two weeks until the fatigue was really passed. My husband was never really symptomatic, but he was fatigued for a couple weeks as well. Please consider giving yourself at least that much time too. That way you can have as much fun as possible at Disney.

Speedy Recovery!

I would reschedule and bring your antibodies and recovered self back to enjoy it. I got covid after a Disney trip in June and I was pretty unwell, I tested positive for 11+ days. I would feel better and the by 3pm feel totally confused and swear it was 9pm and time for bed. I wouldn't want to travel the next week. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I rescheduled our trip to the week before Christmas, and we're looking forward to it! Disney charged a $200 change fee, but I hope to get that back because I bought travel insurance. Our flights were rescheduled without any penalty. I'm feeling better, but you all were so right - there's no way I would have been able to do a full day at a park right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter