COVID19 test before flying home?

Tonberry

DIS Veteran
Connecticut has a quarantine for Florida where you have to self-quarantine for 14 days. Our EE includes any State with a 5% or higher infection rate. Although in CT if you take a COVID19 test before coming home and it's negative, you don't need to self-quarantine. Strangely enough, getting tested once you already return doesn't count.

So does anyone know where you can get a COVID19 test near Disney or MCO?

You can test positive for the virus hours after you contract it. You just may not show symptoms for up to 14 days.

You can test positive for the virus hours after you contract it. You just may not show symptoms for up to 14 days.
As a NYer with a July trip, I asked my doctor if I could get a test in lieu of quarantine and was told that a test would not work in that case. The virus takes time to incubate. I could be infected and not test positive for a week after initial infection.

You would need to be exposed to an insanely high viral load for that to be even remotely possible.

What if you test positive in Florida before your trip home? Will you stay in Florida for as long as it takes to test negative again?

The Orange County Convention Center has drive up testing. However, getting tested for covid does not sound like a vacation to me.

Per CT.gov covid website:
Can travelers be tested for COVID-19 instead of self-quarantine? Quarantine is the best option to prevent spread of disease. However, if a 14-day self-quarantine is not possible, travelers from the impacted states may enter Connecticut if they have had a negative viral test (not an antibody test) for COVID-19 in the 72 hours prior to travel.

Per CT.gov covid website:
Can travelers be tested for COVID-19 instead of self-quarantine? Quarantine is the best option to prevent spread of disease. However, if a 14-day self-quarantine is not possible, travelers from the impacted states may enter Connecticut if they have had a negative viral test (not an antibody test) for COVID-19 in the 72 hours prior to travel.
That may be their policy, but it makes no sense.

As has been said, it can take a few days after exposure before a test will be positive. And 72 hours before travel? So if you were exposed 5 days before travel, your sample taken 2 days later may be negative, but you are shedding like crazy by the time you're on the plane. And what about exposure during those last 3 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter