CP dining and timing to do rides/Savi questions

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Background:
So, we booked our ADR's at 180 days, and SURPRISE!, at 60 days the timing didn't work with our FP+ that we were able to get. Everything is for 10 people, so it its really difficult to change and I am expecting troubles getting day of FP+ for such a large group. We booked the first week of Dec as we thought that the crowds would be low then (11 months ago for renting g DVC points). Then we found out that ROTR is opening during our week, and everything is changed. With rented DVC points, we cannot change the time of our visit.

My issue:
We have Crystal Palace at noon. our first 2 FP+'s are Peter Pan and Buzz at 9:15 and 10:15. then we don't have 7DMT until 1:25-2:25. But then we have building a light sabre in DHS at 3:50 in Savi's. I am worried about having enough time for eating lunch at CP before getting on 7DMT. Then, worried about the commute time to DHS and arriving at Savi's in time to build the light sabers. What would you do? I have tried and had touring plans trying for weeks to get CP moved to 11:00 am. At less than 4 weeks now, it is not looking good for moving the reservation. This the the main restaurant that DD (perhaps only trip due to stress over the boys' allergies)) wants to eat in. Also, this is the only FP+ we have for 7DMT. Finally, this is the only time that I was able to get for Savi's.

Is there enough time to do it all? Or will we likely run into an issue? It looks possible to me if everything goes right, but too close for comfort and no wiggle room for if something goes wrong. Has anyone ever arrived an hour early for an ADR and managed to get seated right away instead of reservation time? Or would we just waste an hour of morning park time waiting on the benches at CP? Should we cancel 7DMT?

WWYD? Thanks for any advice.

(Also posted in restaurants. Moderators: Feel free to delete whichever one is in the wrong place. Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this.)

I agree with the above- use the reservation finder to see if you can move your dining time. I would also double check the time they switch from breakfast to lunch and make sure its still meets your needs since you mentioned allergies.

Alternately if you can rope drop 7dmt it should be a reasonable wait.

Have you tried the Touring Plans reservation finder to help with changing your ADR? I've had great luck with it. And things often open up the closer you get to your dates.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

Yes, I have had it posted for weeks on Touring plans reservation finder with no luck! I have had luck in the past with smaller group sizes.

I am considering the rope drop 7DMT. Then try to get an earlier different FP+ and cancel the 1:25 7DMT. We had planned to rope drop Dumbo or Winnie the Pooh, though. Problem might be getting 10 FP+ on the. day. of to replace 7DMT. But might have to do that anyway.

Thanks!

I agree with the above- use the reservation finder to see if you can move your dining time. I would also double check the time they switch from breakfast to lunch and make sure its still meets your needs since you mentioned allergies.

Alternately if you can rope drop 7dmt it should be a reasonable wait.

Yes, I have been trying that with no success to date. I had hoped that the 30 day mark might open something up, but it didn't. So, I am beginning to wonder if this is all possible, or what will need to go. 7DMT does seem the best option to drop. It is only one ride. Lunch at CP could go, but the 7DMT ride is. the real problem with getting to Savi's on time.

Problem is, I really don't want to have to give any of it up. Oh well.......it's not the end of the world or anything. Just disappointing

Would getting a Minniie Van between MK and DHS help? Or might we be waiting too long for those, too?

Would getting a Minniie Van between MK and DHS help? Or might we be waiting too long for those, too?

It might? But I had a bad experience with them where we tried to book one for almost an hour before giving up, so I don't know.

I'd just keep checking for the ADR time to open up and hope for the best and yeah, maybe try rope drop. Or maybe try 2 reservations and split the group in half if that could work?

You can send the Savi people ahead in a Minnie Van if short on time.

What is the date for this? You also need to be aware of remotely possible Boarding Groups for SWGE and if Boarding Groups are in place, only the saber builder + 1 guest can enter SWGE.

Because you have this posted on Restaurants, sending this to SWGE sub forum for specific Savi assistance. 😊

You can send the Savi people ahead in a Minnie Van if short on time.

What is the date for this? You also need to be aware of remotely possible Boarding Groups for SWGE and if Boarding Groups are in place, only the saber builder + 1 guest can enter SWGE.

Because you have this posted on Restaurants, sending this to SWGE sub forum for specific Savi assistance. 😊

Thank you! I wasn't sure where this should go.

The date is Dec 1. So, it is before ROTR opens, if that helps..

Thank you! I wasn't sure where this should go.

The date is Dec 1. So, it is before ROTR opens, if that helps..
You shouldn’t have to worry about Boarding Groups on that date.

Keep checking Savi’s as you may be able to find a later session.

We are two adults and two boys traveling and often I get 2 fastpasses per ride so the boys can ride multiple things with no wait. Do you really need 10 fastpasses for Dumbo? Break it up into small groups or get the amount of FP for little kids and a couple of adults to watch them.

We are two adults and two boys traveling and often I get 2 fastpasses per ride so the boys can ride multiple things with no wait. Do you really need 10 fastpasses for Dumbo? Break it up into small groups or get the amount of FP for little kids and a couple of adults to watch them.

Great idea. However, with these kids as young as just barely turned 4, have never even seen a theme park ride and this is the first day of their first visit, we will probably want an adult with each of the kids even riding Dumbo. But, I guess that we could do with 8 FP+ with 2 adults watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter