• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CP standby vs. dinner pkg.???

leebee

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this should be posted here or not...I can't decide if we shoulddo the dinner pkg or not. We'll be in Orlando 12/8-12/15, dMIL joining us 12/9-12/13. I'd been planning to do CP dinner pkg on Friday 12/10, made ressie for 6:45 show followed by dinner at hte Biergarten. DH saw the charge on the cc bill (3adults, 1 child) and got all crabby. Now we are considering stand-by for the show and dinner via Q&C vouchers at Tangerine Cafe. What has been your experience with the stand-by line? Would you keep the pkg ressie?

You will have a great meal and then have great seats for CP performance without queing up 90 minutes before show to get a seat.With you planning on going on a Friday even more local folks will be at Epcot to see CP.We have done CP dinner package several times now and feel the seats we get are worth every penny we spend on it.::yes:: :wave2:

If you want to do standby, I would go Thursday night. My experience has been that Thursday nights are not very crowded. We got standby seats about 15 minutes before last year on a Thursday (Dec 11). Our trips are Saturday to Friday. We do the package early in the week and then do standby on Thursday night with a different narrator. We love this show!

Originally posted by leebee
Not sure if this should be posted here or not...I can't decide if we shoulddo the dinner pkg or not. We'll be in Orlando 12/8-12/15, dMIL joining us 12/9-12/13. I'd been planning to do CP dinner pkg on Friday 12/10, made ressie for 6:45 show followed by dinner at hte Biergarten. DH saw the charge on the cc bill (3adults, 1 child) and got all crabby. Now we are considering stand-by for the show and dinner via Q&C vouchers at Tangerine Cafe. What has been your experience with the stand-by line? Would you keep the pkg ressie?
If you want to go on a weekend (including Sundays), you need the package to be sure of getting in. The alternative is to stand in line for at least 1 hour and probably longer.

As already mentioned, the CP is very popular with locals and the weekend shows are very crowded as a result.

FWIW, my DH hates lines and is willing to pay for the dinner to avoid standing around for over an hour with no guarantee of getting a seat. (We have been going in early December for he past several years and the crowds seem to be increasing for this time of the year). We generally have one nice sit down dinner at EPCOT anyway, so it's a no - brainer for us.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter