Craft beer drinkers unite

Fausto's on Fleming at Southard usually has some craft beers in stock. Not a lot, but a few. You *can* buy beer-to-go at The Porch, though. If you are on Old Town Trolley's HOHO, stop 4 will be 1.5 blocks from The Porch. When you get off the trolley and stand facing the La Concha/Wine O bar, turn right and head northwest. You'll cross Eaton and then you'll be walking past Berkshire Hathaway Realty, The Oldest House and Caroline's Cafe. The next corner will be Caroline. Turn left and *immediately* head another 45* left into the garden walkway of the Victorian at the corner of Caroline and Duval. That's the Porch. Up the steps and in the door on the left. The bar will be right in front of you, and their taps are listed on a constantly updated video screen to the left, behind the bar. Their bottles and cans should also be listed on the screen right in front of you, above the bar when you walk in. If you need to sell your traveling partners on going in, there's a restroom in there too, to the right as you come in the door. :D The air conditioning is usually pretty good as well. Lost Weekend liquor store and Mr. Cheapee's liquor store are across the street from The Porch, on Caroline, right next door to each other. Pick up a bottle Key West Legal Raw and Unfiltered rum if you can. It's pretty darned good.

Stop 2 is really close to Schooner Wharf Bar. Stop 3 is a block from Sloppy Joe's (if that's your kind of thing. It's not mine) and two blocks from The Porch. You can go see Robert the Doll at Stop 9.

Just wanted to say thanks again! Turned out the tour wasn't hop on hop off but we walked around a lot afterwards. We did make it to the Porch, had some drinks there and bought 6 cans to take back to the ship. Great spot! Loved the decor, lots of Star Wars. They had wine that my sister liked and something mild for my Coors Light drinking friend, that she loved. Didn't make it for beer anywhere else, didn't have enough time.
Went to Pirate Republic brewery again in Nassau, love that place. Before the cruise picked up some cans at MIA and at an ABC liguor that had a pretty good selection and let me take beers from 6 packs in the cooler. Used the beer mug a lot on the ship. Also noticed they had a Utopias on display in Palo.

Just wanted to say thanks again! Turned out the tour wasn't hop on hop off but we walked around a lot afterwards. We did make it to the Porch, had some drinks there and bought 6 cans to take back to the ship. Great spot! Loved the decor, lots of Star Wars. They had wine that my sister liked and something mild for my Coors Light drinking friend, that she loved. Didn't make it for beer anywhere else, didn't have enough time.
Went to Pirate Republic brewery again in Nassau, love that place. Before the cruise picked up some cans at MIA and at an ABC liguor that had a pretty good selection and let me take beers from 6 packs in the cooler. Used the beer mug a lot on the ship. Also noticed they had a Utopias on display in Palo.

You are very welcome. I'm glad you made it to The Porch. It's such a fantastic joint. A lot of the folks who work there, as well as the owner, are definitely the nerd type. I knew I would love the place the first time I walked in and saw the print of the little girl walking the AT-AT and the picture of The Bumble. I'm definitely a preacher of the gospel of The Porch and am so happy when I get great reviews like yours. :D

If that Utopias is any newer than the 2012 10th Anniversary Edition, it's not worth the money. The one on the Fantasy in February was a '15. I have '07, '09, '12, '13, '15 and '17 in my collection and I keep hoping they'll go back to the old recipe. They haven't since they started adding the Mother Funk in '13. The Mother Funk really messes up the flavor of the base beer, and so far it's not getting better after opening and then sitting in the bottle. We'll see if they do better for '19.

I'll be hitting Pirate Republic on New Year's Eve when we stop there on our Oasis of the Seas cruise. I've heard good things since they finally got their feet under them after a fairly rocky start.

I did notice some differences at Pirate Republic since I was there last. They used to have a store in a separate building across a courtyard, now they just have all the merch in a corner of the brewery table area, still quite a selection though. Also they didn't have any food available this time, they said they do have food, just not on the day we were there (Monday). I didn't see the pirate character wandering around either but I guess he can't be there all the time.

Nice Way to spend New Year's!

Any IPAs being served on the Fantasy? Hoping there will be some on draft somewhere so I can take advantage of the beer mug.

I've attached some pics of the menu that I took at the beginning of May. Sorry they are n't the best quality.

That’s a pretty decent selection. Not necessarily the same as a craft brew spot in most cities, but much better than I expected to be found on a cruise ship.

Draft. I remember seeing it at the bar by Fro-Zone. Don't remember if it was in other places. Castaway was not on draft, iirc.
Thanks for the Intel. Loose Cannon is a local beer for me. Glad to hear it's on the ship.

Is there a place in Cozumel near the pier to buy beer? We probably won't have a chance to pick any up before setting sail.

Yes. Most hotel bars sell canned beer, they will sell you as many as you want. I was just in Cozumel, wanted to take some back yo my room, asked the bartender for 4, he didn't bat an eye.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I like to have some variety with what I bring on the ship. I think it's easier to transport cans so I'll save some of the newer style plastic 6 pack holders and create my own variety pack.

If your doing a Western cruise stop at Mega in Cozumel and in Grand Cayman take a Taxi and go visit Caybrew (Cayman Island Brewery). They have great beers, you can get a tour and 5 samples for about $10. Plus they have cash and carry. If you can't make it there you can pick up some of their beers at the Duty Free Store at the port.
DSCN1367_zps4fl9scst.jpg

DSCN1371_zpsxi0hg0fq.jpg

DSCN1371_zpsxi0hg0fq.jpg

a>

a>

If your doing a Western cruise stop at Mega in Cozumel and in Grand Cayman take a Taxi and go visit Caybrew (Cayman Island Brewery). They have great beers, you can get a tour and 5 samples for about $10. Plus they have cash and carry. If you can't make it there you can pick up some of their beers at the Duty Free Store at the port.
DSCN1367_zps4fl9scst.jpg

DSCN1371_zpsxi0hg0fq.jpg

DSCN1371_zpsxi0hg0fq.jpg

a>

a>

Cool, have you done the brewery tour too?

Anyone know what draft they have at the adult pool bar on the Fantasy right now? Thanks!

Cool, have you done the brewery tour too?

Yes, the brewery tour was included in the $10. It is very laid back, and we were the only 2 one the tour. If you go take a taxi from the port. They said the local buses were also an option but the taxi was just more convenient for us. The ride should cost you about $20 or less. Just tell the guy who calls the taxi you want the direct route... not the local tour. We paid $25 to get there plus tip and it took about half an hour. The driver was a very nice older woman and she took the scenic route and showed up the development around the island and also pointed out places of interests and where some famous people lived. The route back cost us around $15 plus a tip and he took the straight route and it took 15 minutes.

I even got a fresh beer right off the canning line.

DSCN1424_zpsifolyuhj.jpg

DSCN1393_zpsjzn7xyaf.jpg

DSCN1391_zpse8bbhbfo.jpg

DSCN1424_zpsifolyuhj.jpg

On a sad note, the landlord for The Porch decided not to renew their lease. After many, many years of bringing the best craft beer they could to the rock, The Porch has closed. They still own other restaurants and bars around town, but The Porch was one-of-a-kind and now is no more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter