Craft beer drinkers unite

On a sad note, the landlord for The Porch decided not to renew their lease. After many, many years of bringing the best craft beer they could to the rock, The Porch has closed. They still own other restaurants and bars around town, but The Porch was one-of-a-kind and now is no more.
I saw that on facebook. Very sad, it was a great place, glad I at least got to go there once.

Draft beer at Crown and Fin on the Wonder as of March 11, 2018 (sorry for pic quality)

View attachment 308737 View attachment 308738

20180304_141508-jpg.308738

DID SOMEONE SAY GUINESS????? :drinking1:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Subbin'
fantastic thread -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

On the Wonder, back in 2014, at Signals (Quiet cove bar) they had Devil's Triangle IPA (Florida Beer Company) on tap, Cigar City's Jai alai in cans, and several different Kona Brewing products in bottles - Longboard and Bigwave were on tap, bottles of Castaway (IPA) and a Porter whose name I cannot remember. Nowhere else on the boat could I get any of them, and nobody knew what I was talking about when I asked. Devils Triangle wasn't a beer I'd go out of my way to get again, but for an IPA on tap on a big boat in the ocean, it was pretty nice.

We've been on 3 cruises since, and haven't seen a single IPA on tap anywhere, and only come across bottles of Kona's Castaway IPA (missed opportunity for DCL there...) on one other cruise, also at Signal's, but this time on the Magic. So we either got really lucky in 2014, or they just drastically reduced their craft beer selection sometime after that, or both. I've heard Loose Cannon from Heavy Seas is sometimes on-board but we haven't seen it yet.

If I could get a get IPA on tap, and 1-2 other options in bottles or cans, I wouldn't need, or want, to bring my own beer on board. But to only have "big beer" products, and all be pilsners or adjuct beers is a really poor selection.

Last cruise I got on the FE group, to try and get others to participate in a beer exchange. Bring a 12oz craft beer from a local brewery near your home, and we can meet and exchange. Sadly, all I heard was crickets. I'd love to get 5-6 other people and trade some beers and try stuff I cannot get in my area.

A side question, last cruise I saw someone walk on with a pack of "Corona Light"... WHAT is in those cans???? Colored water? haha.

Nothing spectacular that I noticed 3 weeks ago. O'Gills had a couple extra taps at the back of the bar that I don't remember from previous cruises - but there wasn't anything earth shattering on it, just more of what was available around the ship. I think they have 8 or 10 taps - I don't remember that many on the last cruise - but we usually bring craft beer on and buy more at each port so we don't have to worry about it. I think I took a picture - if I can find it I'll post it for you.

Nothing spectacular that I noticed 3 weeks ago. O'Gills had a couple extra taps at the back of the bar that I don't remember from previous cruises - but there wasn't anything earth shattering on it, just more of what was available around the ship. I think they have 8 or 10 taps - I don't remember that many on the last cruise - but we usually bring craft beer on and buy more at each port so we don't have to worry about it. I think I took a picture - if I can find it I'll post it for you.

I really enjoy the O'Gills Pale Ale. I drink many pints of that each time and even get the servers in Fathoms and Keys to grab one for me if I am enjoying a show in those places. :)

Here’s what I saw on Fantasy: July 2019

Heineken
Stella
Heavy Sea’s Loose Cannon
Heavy Sea’s Powder Monkey
Duke’s Cold Nose Brown Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
O’Gills ( Terrapin Pale Ale from Atlanta )
Peroni
Guiness
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Kentucky Bourbon Ale
Kronenbourg 1664
Usual compliment of crap, I mean Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors Light

My favorite beer on the ship is La Fin du Monde. It is 9.2% so be careful. I also like Duvel from Belgian.

Thanks for sharing this menu. Question - I planned to get the mug for my husband. Would the price be as shown to fill the mug? So is $15.25 just for the mug or does it come with the first round?

The price of the mug ($15ish) is just for the Beer card. The price on the menu for draft beer is to fill it. You don't get a free fill (unless you can sweet talk the bartender! LOL)

I don't want to yuck somebody else's yum here, but I'm having real difficulty deciding if I'm going to do the mug or not. Going with my wife and kid and I'm not going to get blotto or anything, though I like a beer or two (or three), but this selection ain't wowing me. Would kill for a Boulevard handle after how happy I was to see Tank 7 at WDW, but no chance on that so....

Any of you beer snobs thought the mug was a value or did you stick to the occasional draft, the bottles and mixed drinks?

I don't want to yuck somebody else's yum here, but I'm having real difficulty deciding if I'm going to do the mug or not. Going with my wife and kid and I'm not going to get blotto or anything, though I like a beer or two (or three), but this selection ain't wowing me. Would kill for a Boulevard handle after how happy I was to see Tank 7 at WDW, but no chance on that so....

Any of you beer snobs thought the mug was a value or did you stick to the occasional draft, the bottles and mixed drinks?
We have found it good value over 5 cruises. And at the end of the cruise you do have a nice beer glass to use at home so we thought of it as a souvenir first and foremost (and our beer glasses get used alot ;-) ) We have more than broken even on the price diff between small and large so now we are getting that little bit extra for free. ALTHOUGH, debating whether or not to bother with it on our Norwegian Fjord cruise nxt month as the beer choices on the European cruises are usually incredibly dull! But we know Norway is expensive so might have to stick to dull beer for a week :confused3:drinking1

ETA you can always decide onboard, they always have to chance to buy them at every bar so perhaps have a look at the choices before getting the mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter