Cranium Command's Buzzy has been stolen

I think it was my second trip in 91. God, it was bad. Even as a kid I was like "Are you kidding me?" It felt like something you'd see at a local park, like Storyland in New Hampshire.
So you were a ~12 yo boy? I can definitely see how that wouldn't appeal to that age group. Heck, if I had been taken to Disney for the first time at 12 I'd probably be asking to leave to go to Busch Gardens.

Every ride has people who think it was "the worst ride ever". I ADORED Cranium Command and was sad to see it and the pavilion go. Frankly, would I rather ride Cranium Command or FoP? Sorry folks, I'd be on CC (probably by myself). Was it the best attraction ever at wDW? Of course not. But it was fun!

I think it was my second trip in 91. God, it was bad. Even as a kid I was like "Are you kidding me?" It felt like something you'd see at a local park, like Storyland in New Hampshire.

So you were a ~12 yo boy? I can definitely see how that wouldn't appeal to that age group. Heck, if I had been taken to Disney for the first time at 12 I'd probably be asking to leave to go to Busch Gardens.

I can see that a 12 year old boy might not enjoy a show based on the difficulties of being a 12 year old boy. We thought it was hilarious.

11 years old, to be exact. But I was a mature eleven, LOL. I knew what sucks and what doesn't suck. And this one was the suckiest sucker I've ever seen suck.

So the new unconfirmed info is that WDI removed Buzzy without informing park operations or security. Who then thought he was stolen. He is supposedly still in Epcot just not in Cranium Command. He was removed from concerns after his clothes were stolen and due to people climbing onto Buzzy to get pictures.

Info comes from Dave Ensign and WDWMAGIC poster RogueKnite.

So the new unconfirmed info is that WDI removed Buzzy without informing park operations or security. Who then thought he was stolen. He is supposedly still in Epcot just not in Cranium Command. He was removed from concerns after his clothes were stolen and due to people climbing onto Buzzy to get pictures.

So basically "If you aren't going to protect him, we will."

You can understand why people were trying to get pictures with Buzzy. He was a real ladies man back in the day. I heard he was once linked to Jennifer Aniston and Betty White.

But when "the Wonders of Life" building shut down and was put into seasonal operation his life really spiraled.

as pointed out in the other forum, the hydraulic lines were cut rather than properly disconnecting them. That doesn't sound like something WDI would do.

as pointed out in the other forum, the hydraulic lines were cut rather than properly disconnecting them. That doesn't sound like something WDI would do.
Unfortunate it’s still all hearsay at this point. All we know is that his clothes were stolen, and then a few months later Buzzy was removed from Cranium Command. There are pictures of the cut hydraulic lines but nothing of the fluid that was supposedly all over the floor. Then there are no police reports or investigations pointing to a theft.

I’m remaining skeptical of all the info at this point, considering how many conflicting rumors there are out there. Hopefully something concrete will get to the surface eventually.

If they don't plan in reuseing the ride as is, then cutting the ride side lines wouldn't be that unheard of. I've seen it done a lot in aviation.

Buzzy was least seen with Dreamfinder and one of the vikings from the Maelstrom. It is unclear what they were upto, but whatever it was wasn't good.

Curious, then, who was he seen with the most?

;)

Curious, then, who was he seen with the most?
;)

Probably Dreamfinder, though his dislike and rants about Figment can get to be a bit much. "I was the star.. ME. Not that purple little lizard. He looks like something Jim Henson puked up."

Last edited:

Storyland, where fantasyland lives. Lol Never been there but passed it many times on the way to church camp. Santa's village on the other side of the road. I've traveled to many historic places growing up and lived in NH most of my life and I'm o.k. with not going to Storyland. Santa's village at Christmas time or Polar Express is a different story.

Looks like Patrick Spikes (back door disney) was arrested and Disney now has proof and has recovered some items.

Last edited:
Looks like Patrick Spikes (back door disney) was arrested and Disney now has proof and has recovered some items.
All the recovered items that I read about were from Haunted Mansion, with no indication that Buzzy was among the items.

I honestly don’t see how anyone could sneak him out... he’s so heavy and bulky. It’s likely someone tried (and cut all the cables) and failed and then Disney removes him to someplace safe.

All the recovered items that I read about were from Haunted Mansion, with no indication that Buzzy was among the items.

I honestly don’t see how anyone could sneak him out... he’s so heavy and bulky. It’s likely someone tried (and cut all the cables) and failed and then Disney removes him to someplace safe.
Got a link about the recovered items?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter