Crazy question....Flip Flops on the rides?

Mooneybeams

Mousketeer
Ok, I bought some new Teva slides (flip flops) specifically for my trip to IOA and US, but after seeing Universal and IOA on the travel channel, it occurred to me that alot of the rides have your feet dangling. Am I making a mistake wearing flip flops to IOA? Stupid question, I know, but I am such a planner! Thanks!

I've seen plenty of people wearing flip flops around the park. If they are the type with the backs you should have nothing to worry about. If they are the normaly type if they are in danger of flying the ride ops will make you take them off and sit on them. The only places that I can think of will be Dueling Dragons and the flyers, but you need a kid to get on this ride.

You're going to appreciate having them when you go on the water rides! ;)

And like RobertW said...there are just those couple of rides you would have to take them off and sit on them for...

Have Fun!
Karen

When I wore mine, I had a fanny pack on. On rides where your feet dangle, I took mine off and threaded the fanny pack strap through them and fastened the pack back on. I was afraid if I set on them, I would come off the seat during the ride at some point and lose them.

Word of warning here...The one time I sat on my shoes during a ride was on a Batman coaster which is like the Dueling Dragons. At some point during the ride, the shoulder harness tightened and I was pushed down further. Well, it HURT. My butt was in some real pain, and I was on the verge of some real tears. I thought they were never going to get us unloaded, it seemed to take forever for them to load the train in front of us.

I would beg one of the employees to allow me to lay my shoes somewhere by the unloading area before I would ever sit on them again on one of these type coasters.

Oh yeah, go ahead and laugh, I can take it. :D

If they latch onto your feet, then you can leave them on. If they are the ones that make you sound like a one-man band when you walk, you have to take them off before riding Dueling Dragons. I think you should be OK with your flip flops on the other rides.

On Dr. Doom's Fearfall, you can leave them in the bins just before you sit down.

Another word of warning, if they're the old kind that don't latch, your feet will become very tired after walking thru the park.

My daughter and I wore flip flops last year so we could go on the water rides. We did the water rides, went around the park, then headed over to USF. Our feet we're really, really, tired.
We changed into shoes when we got back to IOA. It's like you gotta walk in slow motion. I won't wear them anymore. The new ones with straps are probably better, but the old kind, forget it. Instead I bring an old pair of shoes for the water rides, and stash a change of cloths in the $5 locker at the front of the park.

Try it, walk around your neighborhood a couple times and see how your feet feel.

Another word of warning, if they're the old kind that don't latch, your feet will become very tired after walking thru the park.

That's definitely more to do with what you're used to, of course...I go barefoot as much as possible, and slides are the name of the game for me...so when I went on my vacations, before I moved...I just wore my slides tothe parks no problem, and it never bothered me, because I was used to it! But like anything, if you're NOT used to it, it's going to cause a problem. I see an awful lot of people who buy new sneakers before a trip, silly, silly people...they usually end up with blisters! :rolleyes:

I forgot about Dr.Doom...but there, you can just slip them off of your feet and leave them on the ground since you'll be returning to your spot again anyway...

Karen

Originally posted by RhondaS
Word of warning here...The one time I sat on my shoes during a ride was on a Batman coaster which is like the Dueling Dragons. At some point during the ride, the shoulder harness tightened and I was pushed down further. Well, it HURT. My butt was in some real pain, and I was on the verge of some real tears. I thought they were never going to get us unloaded, it seemed to take forever for them to load the train in front of us.

I would beg one of the employees to allow me to lay my shoes somewhere by the unloading area before I would ever sit on them again on one of these type coasters.

Oh yeah, go ahead and laugh, I can take it. :D

those steel toed flip-flops will do that to you every time:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter