Creating a Magical Moment for another Guest

In 2009 we took a trip to WDW to surprise my dad for his birthday. He had planned the trip for my parents, brother and brothers friend. He secretly invited my moms BFF as a surprise for her. The bff invited me (and my husband came with) and then her niece ended up coming as well. It’s a bit of a longer story as to why it happened but on the third day I ended up crying and taking the bus back to our room at Pop. On the bus a total stranger gave me this really neat Mickey pin and said it was his favourite and it looked like I needed cheering up so he was mine now. It was such a bright spot in the hellish trip that turned out to be.

I have pins on a canvas but I don’t wear them to the parks. However I always take this one with me because it’s so special.

One I will always remember is we were checking into our resort and a young girl who had a Mickey balloon comes up to us and asks if she can give my daughter her Mickey balloon as they were leaving

My daughter was so excited and she loved the idea of someone giving it to her so much that she wanted to then give it away when we were leaving and she talked about that most of our trip and then we were able to find a family on our last day to give the balloon to - so it was definitely a continual thing (for as expensive as those balloons are, they do last a while!)

Was this at AKL? I remember witnessing an exchange like this between 2 kids there. Brought a smile to my face.

Was this at AKL? I remember witnessing an exchange like this between 2 kids there. Brought a smile to my face.

it was actually at the Contemporary - though good to know this is something that happens other times as well.

We've had other experiences as well, this one just sticks out to me because the impact it had on my daughter and how the idea of then paying it forward again at the end of our trip became such a focus for her

it was actually at the Contemporary - though good to know this is something that happens other times as well.

We've had other experiences as well, this one just sticks out to me because the impact it had on my daughter and how the idea of then paying it forward again at the end of our trip became such a focus for her
I love how kids can find simple things like that so amazing. Acts of kindness like that one can make such a big impact for when they become adults. :)

Love these ideas. I believe in paying it forward and try to as often as I can, it's wonderful to see so many others feel the same!

Last edited:

Once, when there were still paper fast passes, my husband and I decided against riding Everest, he told me to toss the FP's we already had, but I went to the end of the very, very long line, and waited for just the right pair. I saw a very disappointed young boy with his dad, who told him, No we can't wait for this.... I handed the dad the tickets, He looked at me confused. I had to explain to him like 3 times that I was just giving it to him for no particular reason. LOL ...It was a nice feeling.

Last year, on Valentines Day, my husband and I were at Epcot. We had to use scooters to be able to navigate Epcot, and went to rent 2 scooters for the day. The girl behind the counter seemed to be genuinely happy that we were there ? She hurried to the back and came out saying that we were the first couple of the day to rent scooters, so we got the special decorated ones. They had confetti, tinsel, hearts, and big balloons attached to the carts.
It was a lot of fun riding around and talking to people; everyone smiled and seemed happy to see this.
To the point, as we were getting ready to take them back and leave, I saw a young girl with her Mom. She had on a princess dress. So I rode up to them and asked the Mom if the little Princess would like a balloon. The Mom was surprised, as was the little girl, and she said yes. So I presented the balloon to the little girl with a little princess fanfare. She was delighted and seemed to feel very special. The Mom thanked me.
My husband also gave his to another little girl, who also loved it.
It was so much fun to make others happy with such a little thing, that I wished I had more to give. That was paying it forward, as the counter girl made us feel special, and we made the little girls feel special too:)

When we do get the Disney Dining, we find ourselves stuffed by dessert time, so when we are using 5-6 meals we'll grab 2 desserts and then send a table of 3-4 the rest (having the wait staff ask first of course). And when we get to the end of the week, we'll drop a free meal on a parent w/ kids or a happy couple to pass ont he cheer.

In February, we had a bunch of snacks in our room (from Amazon - chips crackers, fruit snacks, jerky, nuts) and a handful of leftover beverages (from After Hours) and the construction crew working on the Pop Centruy refurbishment were EXTREMELY thankful for the treats and drinks. Even saw us like three hours later and thanked us again.

Loving all these ideas and gestures! Putting a huge smile on my face! Want to hug you all!! :) It also makes me feel good to know I've also done a lot of the ones I see! Paying it forward is never a bad thing - I've ALWAYS gotten much more than I've given!! :) :lovestruc

I usually try to do "small" things.

I have an example from today...

I was eating lunch at Woody's Lunchbox and I finally saw a table open up. I quickly grabbed it and soon, a lady walks towards a high-top right next to me with a little girl and starts to order food on mobile-order. I still had 2 seats at my table since I was there alone. So, instead of having the lady and the little girl standing in the sun by a high-top waiting for their food, I offered to let them sit down at the table with me under the umbrella. The little girl was so sweet with her telling me a joke that got selected at Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor the other day, and sharing with me her favorite Disney characters, etc. The Mom was very much-appreciated that I offered, and I made sure to stay at the table until she was able to get her food since I was getting close to finishing.

The small things I find to usually be the best. I have received plenty of "BIG" magical moments from cast members (VIP list for Aladdin at DCA, private Illuminations viewing, etc.), but it's the small ones that I always remember the best.

I usually try to do "small" things.

I have an example from today...

I was eating lunch at Woody's Lunchbox and I finally saw a table open up. I quickly grabbed it and soon, a lady walks towards a high-top right next to me with a little girl and starts to order food on mobile-order. I still had 2 seats at my table since I was there alone. So, instead of having the lady and the little girl standing in the sun by a high-top waiting for their food, I offered to let them sit down at the table with me under the umbrella. The little girl was so sweet with her telling me a joke that got selected at Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor the other day, and sharing with me her favorite Disney characters, etc. The Mom was very much-appreciated that I offered, and I made sure to stay at the table until she was able to get her food since I was getting close to finishing.

The small things I find to usually be the best. I have received plenty of "BIG" magical moments from cast members (VIP list for Aladdin at DCA, private Illuminations viewing, etc.), but it's the small ones that I always remember the best.
@AMusicLifeForMe - How sweet!!! HUGGING you!!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip, hope it's magical pixiedust: for you!

My sister and I are thinking about trying the Pirates scavenger hunt in Adventureland, which results in a POC FP, and finding two random people to give it to. Might be a little pixie dust to brighten up someones day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!