Creme Brulee Cheesecake

jendon1997

<font color=red>Been there. Done that. Going Back!
I'm looking for the recipe for Creme Brulee Cheescake from DCL if anyone has it. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you know about www.disneyrecipes.com?

I checked the site for you. Recipe is not listed, HOWEVER, it does have other DCL recipes you might be interested in.

Sorry couldn't help.

Have you ever tried Sweet Street Desserts Creme Brule Cheesecake? I'm not sure where you are in Central PA, but they're produced here in Reading. There's an outlet store in the VF Outlet.

I live about 40 miles north of Harrisburg. I found their site online. Thanks so much!!

jendon1997, I have the Cooking with Mickey and the Disney chefs cookbook, purchased it at the gift shop at the GF. It has the recipe. If you like, feel free to email me or PM me and I'll get it to you. :)

rcraw45425 said:
jendon1997, I have the Cooking with Mickey and the Disney chefs cookbook, purchased it at the gift shop at the GF. It has the recipe. If you like, feel free to email me or PM me and I'll get it to you. :)

may i also pm you so that i can have the recipe? please??!!??!!! :flower:

Sure, it's long and drawn out(3 cookbook pages), what I'd do would be copy it and then attach it to an email of that's okay.

I'm sending it to you from my daughter's email address since the document is not saved on my laptop.

Hi Robin,

Dang, I'm still getting an error message (says "thread count too low") when I tried to respond to your PM.

Just wanted to say how excited I was to get your response but so far haven't received anything in my e-mail. There were lots of problems with my ISP yesterday and I wouldn't be surprised if many e-mails were lost.

I apologize for bothering you about this again but if you have a moment, could you try resending? I'll post additional e-mails as well because one of them is bound to get through :love:

Thank you so much and hearing back from you has really made my day.

angelamail@telus.net
christl@telus.net
angellis2001@hotmail.com
christineschneider@shaw.ca
newsletter@greatexpeditions.com

I sent to the first email address and the hotmail address. Its a big file so it takes a little time.

It doesn't want to go for some reason, I'm going to resend just to the hotmail account.

You're totally awesome to take the time to do this. I've received page 2 and page 3 (twice) (on the Hotmail account) and it seems fairly complete. It's just missing page 1. Is it safe to assume page 1 has the recipe name and ow to make the crust? Is it a basci graham crumb crust?

In thanks I'm posting my favorite cheesecake recipe from Disney World and hopefully it's new for you. I have a Word document with about 370 pages of Disney recipes (that are not in the Cooking with Mickey Volume 2). I thought I had most of them but I'm going to try and get my hands on the cookbook you have to see what else I'm missing.

Bavarian Cheesecake
Biergarten Restaurant, Germany Pavilion, Epcot

6 ounces Cream Cheese
6 ounces Quark (Bakers Cheese)
2 Egg Yolks
4 ounces Granulated Sugar
8 ounces Sour Cream
1 ounce Lemon Juice
12 ounces Heavy Cream
1/2 ounce Gelatin (German version calls for 9 leaves of gelatin)
2 ounces Water
Vanilla Sponge Cake -- recipe follows

VANILLA SPONGE CAKE
3/4 cup Sugar (granulated)
4 Egg yolks
1 teaspoon. Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Flour (all-purpose)
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 Egg Whites

1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a mixer, add the egg yolks and sugar beat until light and creamy. Add the vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat until smooth.
5. Whip the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Gently fold this into the cake batter.
6. Place into two separate greased and lined 8-inch round cake pans. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs after greasing. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.

Assembling Cake
1. Whip heavy cream until soft peaks. Set aside.
2. Mix together in a mixing bowl the cream cheese, baker's cheese, egg yolks, lemon juice and granulated sugar until smooth. Then add the sour cream and mix until smooth. (optional addition in German version is a package of Vanilla Zucker)
3. Gently add the whipped mixture to the cheese mixture being careful not to over whip.
4. Dissolve the gelatin in the water over a double boiler until the mixture is clear. Be careful not to whip the gelatin so it does not get air bubbles in it.
5. Add the gelatin mixture into the cheese mixture and fold quickly. When adding the gelatin mixture to the cheese mixture set the mixer on medium speed, and add it from the edge of the bowl, being careful not to get the gelatin on the whip or the side of the bowl so as to prevent lumping.
6. Using a springform pan, place one of the vanilla sponge cakes smooth side down. Immediately pour the cheese mixture on the cake, and smooth out surface. Then place the other cake on top with the smooth side out. Let set overnight.
7. Remove the cake from the springform pan. Sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar. This cake can be served with any of your favorite fresh fruit sauce(s).

Note – last made in August '07. Fabulous. Creamy, rich, LOTS of filling and so good. I used 2 packages of gelatin and it seemed about right. Gelatin clumps in the water so soften it carefully. I didn’t add lemon juice as the original recipe forgot to mention it in the method. I served it with blueberry sauce but traditionally this is served with drained mandarin oranges.

Thanks again, all the files came through and have been converted to a .doc. in case anyone would like the recipe posted here I can do that. Just let me know. I'll be out of town from mid-Sept. to the end of October.

Tatania -
Thank you, thank you for solving a mystery for me. I want to make the Bavarian Cheesecake (so yummy at Biergarten!). Finding the recipe was easy - it is posted everywhere. But finding BAKER'S CHEESE ????? Even the know-it-alls at the specialty market/bakery say they never heard of it. I carefully read descriptions on a bunch of various cheese products at the market and bought - Quark. Came home and did a search about QUARK and never found a link between it and BAKERS CHEESE. Your message here is the first - so I must have made the right decision : ) YEAH!!

I do have a couple questions . . . the egg yolks in the cheese mixture are never cooked?? Also, in "Assembly #6" pour the cheese over the sponge cake and set overnight - set in the refrigerator? or just out on the counter?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.

-Kelley

Hi Tinkerkell,

Good thing I checked the board as am travelling in Europe currently and don't get to a terminal too often.

The eggs yolks are not cooked in a Bavarian cheescake and one keeps it refrigerated while setting and for storing.
I love Quark because it's so versatile and one can make anything from desserts to savoury fillings.

Good thing you bought Quark, LOL

The chef at the Polynesian sent me the correct recipe for the Passion Fruit cheescake (Not the wrong one floating around the net) and I'll open the attachment and post when I get back next month.

Tatania

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter